𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"Good morning Chanté

"Good morning Chanté." I greeted as I walked into the building.

"Good morning nigga." Chanté replied, causing me to chuckle.

"Why I gotta be all that ?" I put my hand over my heart sarcastically.

"Umm if I recall you had my friend missing for about 48 hours. Let's not even play." She raised her eyebrow, using the back of her hand to support her chin.

"Ight, you got it, you got it. On a serious note though, I need you to meet me upstairs in a few minutes for a meeting."

"Okay, I gotcha." She said before taking a call.

•🃏•

"Good morning everyone." I smiled, receiving smiles and good mornings in return. It was only one person's smile that I really was looking forward to seeing...Ermias'.

"As you all know we have our annual company vacation every November. We'll be leaving Thursday the second and coming back Wednesday the eighth. This is where you guys come in. You'll get to decide, where we go ? The Bahamas or Cabo ? Congratulations on the good work everyone." I smiled before walking to my office, Mai following behind me.

"Nile..why am I just now hearing about this company vacation ?" He closed my office door, crossing his arms.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." I smirked as I sat down.

"Mhmm, so what do I have to do today ?" He said before sitting on my desk, giving me the perfect view.

"You already have a long day with five clients so all I'll need you to do is tally the votes up." I leaned back in my chair.

"I'm meeting my new client at 5 for intake, so I'll have to stay late anyways." He said getting up.

"You want me to stay with you ? I could just tell my mama that we'll meet some other time." I asked.

"Nah it's cool just give me the keys to lock up." He said, putting his hand out.

"Here you go and call me if you need anything. You free for lunch today ?" I handed him the keys.

"I would love to but I have a meeting with my regular." He slightly frowned.

"It's all good baby boy." I smiled, causing his cheeks to redden.

"Nile...stop. We're at work." He whined, causing me to laugh.

Just as Ermias left, my phone rang.

I looked down and saw it was my sister. "Wassup lil sis ?"

"Mama talking about moving and I'm not with it." She said, voice laced with frustration.