𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞

The Next Day

The Next Day

I obviously didn't get much sleep last night following the information I received.

I felt such a rage, a rage that overpowered the sadness. I just can't fathom the idea that my own mama would take away someone she knew meant so much to me...how could she?

"Good morning babe." Ermias whispered, rising up from my chest.

"Hey, good morning." I responded before placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I know it's such a cliche question and kinda stupid but how do you feel? About today and yesterday." He soon sat up, joining me in resting his back on the headboard.

"It's not a stupid question baby...I feel hatred. I hate her and I hate that I do because she's my mama but I can't help it. I hate her because she lied for years and not only that but took my best friend away from me and all for what? I plan on finding that out today, hopefully." I sighed. "Right now my main concern is telling Jailen and letting our friends know just in case anything goes wrong. I just don't know how to approach Jailen."

"That's understandable and I think it's a good idea to let them know because I don't have a good feeling about it. As far as telling Jailen about everything I don't know how but we'll figure it out." Ermias gently turned my face towards him before getting out of the bed making his way to the bathroom, with me following behind him.

"Who you think I should talk to first?" I spoke after spitting my mouth wash into my bathroom sink.

"I think you should probably tell Jailen first...especially because she's literally in the same house as you and Monét is her mom too." He exited the bathroom, soon looking through his designated drawer in my room.

"Tell me what?" Jailen said entering the room, causing me and Ermias to pause in finding clothes for the day. "Please don't try to say nothing because clearly it's something. Last night I saw you come inside with your eyes bloodshot red and puffy."

Damn...caught me.

"Come sit." I sighed and sat on the bed patting the space next to me.

"I'll leave you two alone for the moment." Ermias made his way towards the bedroom door.

"No, stay." Jailen spoke. "Ermias it's clear you calm my brother's nerves so stay plus whatever it is you're aware of so it makes zero sense for you to leave."

"Okay." Ermias wore a slight smile before sitting on the other side of Jailen.

I quickly ran everything down to her and told her that Kaasan invited us over yesterday to come up with a plan.

"I knew mama was cold but I didn't think she could do something like that...I'm so sorry Nile." She wore a sympathetic expression before rubbing circles on my back and laying her head on my shoulder.