𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Just follow my lead, I'll do the talking baby

Just follow my lead, I'll do the talking baby." I took his hand in mine hoping to settle his nerves, eventually ringing the doorbell.

Not even a second later, we were met with Monét's presence.

"Well, y'all gon' come in or stay outside?" She chuckled slightly, opening the door enough for us to come in.

"Wassup ma." I greeted as she embraced me...acting as normal as I can.

"It feels good to have you back around son." She smiled as she broke the embrace. "This handsome young man must be Ermias?"

"Yes, it's so nice to meet you Ms. Armstead." He smiled politely, shaking her hand.

"The feeling is mutual. Y'all go make yourselves comfortable at the dinner table, I need to go finish taking my hair down." She spoke before briefly making her way down the hall, closing her room door.

A few minutes after Ermias and I settled at the dining table, Monét made her way into the kitchen.

"Y'all hungry? I made some smothered chicken and white rice." She questioned sitting at the head of the table.

Typical for her.

"Nah, we're going somewhere after we leave." I said, resulting in Ermias placing his hand on my knee, attempting to calm my nerves.

"Oh okay. So, how'd you two meet?"

"We met through work." I kept it short.

"He can't talk?" She raised her eyebrow, pointing towards Ermias.

That's one...

"We met through work, like Nile said. I got the job as his assistant and eventually the connection grew beyond what both of us thought." Ermias chuckled nervously.

She's making him uncomfortable.

"Mmm, that's cute. Will I ever get any grandchildren?" She asked in a tone full of anything but genuineness.

"So selfish..." I mumbled, feeling the rage come to a head.

"What was it?" She questioned.

"I said—" I was then cut off by someone entering the house.

"It's about time you showed up, you almost missed it." Monét smirked.

"Well, it seems like I'm right on time huh?" None other than Kai entered the dining area, soon hugging her.

"You bitch..." Ermias spoke taking in the scene currently playing in front of us.

"Some may think so. Y'all couldn't have possibly thought I was gonna go through with this big, elaborate plan of Kaasan's?" He paused. "Not only that but for him to admit that I was no use to him besides being a pawn to get to you? I'm supposed to just take that and not give a fuck? Turn a blind eye? Nah, fuck that...I'm calling the shots now."