Can I Do It?

TW: doubts, self-harm (not the act but past talk), Drug use (past talk again) stalker/follower. Nothing bad I swear :)

--

"Hey Mena! I am so glad you're ok!" Pen says as he walks up to me.

"Hey Pen! I am so happy to see you! I really need this, thank you for coming on such short notice!" I say, genuinely needing to talk through everything that has happened.

"Ok, you start from the beginning, start at the whole hospital after your first case! I need to know everything." Pen says right after ordering a normal night cap coffee.

I explain everything that happened between Emily and I, the arguments, the kisses, the fighting, the moving in, and moving out, my family, my brothers, everything. Sparing no detail, he cringes a bit at our failed attempt at sex but never stops me.

"I just don't think I can open up to her. Hell it took me a whole year of being friends with you before you met my family, she met mine the day we kissed. I feel like everything is moving so fast, she already has a nickname for me, she is taking care of me, her and I are sleeping in the same bed, she has been to my apartment. I have been clean for 6 years Spencer... From both, I haven't taken Oxy in 6 years, I have cut in 6 years, I occasionally smoke but it is not as bad as it was 6 years ago. I was a wreck, you saw how much I fought it when I joined the team, I got clean for this job. I don't want her to break down my walls just to break me and I return to my old habits. I- I can't." My voice started to crack as Pen hugged me and let me cry a little. He is one of the only people I have ever cried infront of.

"It is ok Mena. Emily won't hurt you I promise. I can't explain how much happier she has been since everything has happened. Even if she did, which is a long-shot, I would beat her up. Even though she is stronger then me, I am taller. So I have some kind of advantage. That or I will just yell at her with my big smart brain." He giggled a little at the end which caused me to let out a laugh.

"I want to go over the case, I need to wrap my head around the fact that Alejandro is not dead and that he is Alive, very much probably looking for me." I say a little shaky.

"Are you sure Mena?" He asks concerned that something might happen.

"Yes, start spitting out facts genius." I say with a slight laugh attached to the end of it.

"Ok, well we know that all of the houses surrounding your neighborhood have been targeted, all people's families that were involved in Alejandro's arrest. We know that Jackie's parents died and that her brother was injured. Her brother is involved with the same gang that Alejandro was involved in, we also know that Alejandro isn't dead, he faked it. There is a chance that he could still be working for that gang, which is hooked to the cartel. Jackie ratted out Alejandro for a shorter sentence in prison, there are not many people left who know the true story. There are even fewer left of people who helped put him away, you at the top of the list. He will want you to be his last victim, he will want to take his time with you, make you suffer, not just kill your entire family but kill the team too. He is probably watching you as much as he can, granted the fact that you haven't got any threats or warnings that he is here says that he doesn't know where you are yet. He hasn't found you yet. Which is good." He spits very fast, but I can keep up with it all.

"Why hasn't he reached out, he knows where my family's house is, but he must know I moved them. Like you said too, he wants to make me suffer and scare me. Why did he go after Jackie so soon? Along with not going after anyone in the Jury, or the judge, or the officers, lawyers, prison guards. He is going after the people who were closest to him involved in it. But he killed some people who tried to help him. Wait, no. They failed. Alejandro used to be big on "Get it done or you failed" and if you went against him he would treat it the same if you failed in a mission. I remember once, a guy who didn't finish the task properly he was burned everyday by his lighter, eventually after 2 weeks of it Alejandro killed him, but he did the same thing to someone who crossed him a month later... Wait, why is he being so quick with it all. He isn't taking his time with them at all, just simply home invasions. In and out killing them by stabbing them. He stabs them a few times then they die..." I slowly stop talking trying to think but Pen reads my mind for what I am thinking.