Again?

TW: normal case stuff, uhm idrkkk nothing outta the norm

--

It has been a wonderful 2 weeks, we have been in and out of cases and just been so busy yet everything has been really good. We have caught every unsub for the past 2 weeks, saved 3 kids, and saved 4 young women! It has been running smoothly with the baby, or Carmen. She is about the size of an avocado now so Emily surprised me with another basket this morning. We have started to slowly get new stuff for the nursery, speaking of which Emily and I are out shopping for a crib currently with Matt and his wife, Kristy, since they have about 800 kids, and Emily and I are a little inexperienced.

"What about this one?" Matt suggests.

"It isn't sturdy enough," Emily says blandly. She has been hating every second of this.

"What about the red one over here," Kristy suggests.

"I'm sorry but it doesn't match the colors we are going for." I apologize shooting her a sorry look.

"Ooo ok, you have to love this one, unlike the others it is big, spacious, turns into a half bed for when they get older, you can move the mattress up and down, it can last up to 8 years, it's sturdy, and matches your color scheme!" Matt points around and waves his hands magically around the crib.

"Oh my- Emily this is the one!" I say grabbing her hand and bringing it over to it.

"Ok, I will hand it to you, Matt, you found the one." Emily states while looking at Matt before softening her gaze and looking over at me, "Anything for you, Birdie." She says as she kisses me on the head.

I blush, but my hand instinctively goes to my stomach as the hairs on the back of my neck stand up... I feel off, like a gut feeling that something bad is going on, that someone is watching me. I look around and that catches Emily's attention.

"Again?" She looks worried, this has been happening since two days after the gender reveal, only when we are in DC though, never on a case. That's why I have been thankful that we have been so busy lately.

"What's going on?" Matt and Kristy pick up on the shift in the mood.

"I- I don't know... I have just been feeling like someone is watching me lately, whenever we are in DC I feel as if that someone is watching me, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I get this gut feeling and these shivers that I just can't shake." I say as Kristy walks towards me putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Trust your gut, when becoming a Mother enhances these things, you become more aware of your surroundings." She says and I just nod my head.

"Let's just buy the crib and leave please, I don't feel comfortable anymore," I say as Emily puts the crib in the cart and we head back to the parking lot, the feeling only intensifies.

Once we get home we get a call from Garcia, saying she has a case for us and wants us back within the hour. I put on a white dress that goes down to my mid-shin and has a little slit up to the knee, paired it with a dark blue cardigan of mine and some tan leather heeled boots. I put my hair in a low bun and pulled out my face-framing pieces, I didn't have time to straighten my hair so it is curly but thankfully it doesn't look bad. I put on some light makeup and head out to the kitchen to make a cup of peppermint tea and something to eat for Carmen and me.

"Well look at my beautiful ladies!" Emily says coming up behind me, resting her chin on the crease of my neck and putting her hands on my stomach.

"You can't even see Carmen and I have the biggest dark circles that even concealer cannot fix," I say while opening the wrapper for my tea bag.