Cast and Characters

Harry Styles as Ariel: a curious, adventurous, and headstrong merman prince and King Michael's youngest and only son who is fascinated with the human world.

John Cena as Eric: an adventurer and free-spirited human prince whom Harry falls in love with after saving him from drowning.

Taylor Lautner as Ursula: a treacherous and conniving sea witch and King Michael's estranged brother, with whom Harry makes a deal to become a human, which is secretly part of Taylor's plan to conquer Atlantica.

Nick Jonas as Vanessa: Taylor's human alter ego, which he uses to sabotage his deal with Harry.

Michael Clifford as King Triton: Harry's strict and overprotective father and the ruler of Atlantica who is prejudiced against humans due to the death of his wife at the hands of one of them.

Monique Coleman as Queen Selina: John's adoptive mother and the ruler of a Caribbean island kingdom. She is a new character in the film.

Luke Hemmings as Grimsby: the prime minister of Monique's kingdom and John's loyal confidant who acts as a father figure to him.

Zayn Malik as Sebastian: a loyal crab and King Michael's majordomo who watches over Harry.

Louis Tomlinson as Flounder: an anxious yet noble sergeant major who is Harry's best friend.

Sabrina Carpenter as Scuttle: a dimwitted northern gannet and a friend of Harry's to whom she provides inaccurate descriptions of any human/surface world object Harry finds.

Ashley Tisdale as Lashana: one of the maids in John's castle, who is based on Carlotta from the animated film.

Hilary Duff as Rosa: a young girl who works as a maid in John's castle.

Shawn Mendes and Justin Bieber as Mulligan: two of John's shipmates.

Leon Thomas III as Joshua: a fisherman who discovers Harry in his human form.

Kevin and Joe Jonas as two of King Michael's guards.

Selena Gomez as Perla

Ariana Grande as Indira

Miley Cyrus as Mala

Nicole Scherzinger as Tamika

Demi Lovato as Karina

Mariah Carey as Caspia

Max as himself

Flotsam and Jetsam as themselves