4

It was officially after school. The whole school day had ended and everyone had exhausted for their first day back for the week.

Tolkien waved over to Clyde who scuffled over to him, waving back. Tolkien let out a grin as Clyde blushed a little at his former best friend of his. "Well. Time for decorating!" Tolkien finally spoke up, making Clyde a little more enthusiastic.

The two just walked back to Tolkien's house together, chatting about school, friends, assignments. The basic things for teenagers to say.

When they finally arrived at Tolkien's house, they headed on inside and stood around near the kitchen. "You want somethin'? I got juice, chips..." Tolkien opened up his fridge as he was continuing listing off what Clyde could possibly want. "Errr, no thanks," responded Clyde as he sat onto one of the tables, looking all around the room.

The room was full of decorations. Colors such as; purple, white, black and orange altogether. Behind the decorations were pictures. Pictures of Tolkien and his family. Baby photos, childhood photos, teenager photos. He smiled at all the photos. His friend, child to almost an adult.

Just as his thoughts were getting lost into the world, Tolkien slammed a glass full of orange juice in front of Clyde. "Here," was all he said. Clyde jumped up and turned to Tolkien. He just giggled at Clyde's reaction and sat beside him, sipping orange juices together.

After they were fully refreshed and ready, the two of them got to work to decorate two rooms; the garage and his room. He wanted things to be pitch perfect. They started with the garage, since it was bigger. They moved out all vehicles in the way so that there could be space for games, dances and other things.

Tolkien was rummaging through the box and just put on decorations as normal. Clyde was about to pick up more streamers, until he glanced at a spider near him and shrieked like a little girl. Just by looking at the creepy crawler sent him flying about. He jumped and stumbled back onto Tolkien, making them both fall onto the ground onto their backs.

Both the boys groaned and looked at each other. Clyde's face was close to Tolkien's, their bodies pressing against each other's. This was such a cliché moment for the two. Clyde blushed furiously as he quickly got up off him, brushing dust off his jacket and sleeves. Tolkien also forced himself up and rubbed his neck, blushing a little. "Eugh... Sorry." Clyde was the first to say something and fiddled with his fingers, looking down. Tolkien smiled at the smaller boy and let out a small grin. "It's no problem. Let's just get this decorating done." And with that said, the boys got back to their decorating.

-⭑-

The boys were both done with decorating. The house looked awesome. Mixes of purple, black, orange, white were making the house look so aesthetically pleasing.

The boys looked at each other and smiled, giving each other a fist bump. "Haha, no way! We actually finished this!" Clyde was ecstatic while Tolkien just smiled at him. "Hm.. You wanna do something? It's not that late and I've not nothin' planned," asked Tolkien. He peered over at Clyde, crossing his arms, awaiting a response. "Ahhh.. Remember I got to go somewhere??"

Clyde felt bad as he didn't want to leave Tolkien alone and feel lonely because of him. "Oh, yeah, yeah. I get it. Don't worry." He put his palm onto Clyde's shoulder and smiled. "Thanks for helping me."

Once Tolkien said that, Clyde could feel himself feel a little weird. He didn't know why too. All he knew was that it didn't feel normal. He smiled it off and just looked back at him. "Haha, yeah.
N-no problem." Clyde snatched his bag up off the floor and headed towards the entrance. He waved off goodbye to Tolkien and headed off, leaving Tolkien all alone.