28. Homecoming of His Angel pt.(2)

Yoongi and Jimin stepped out of the car and walked into the house, their faces filled with distress. By the time they had returned, everyone else had already made it back home.

As they entered the house, the rest of the guys noticed their tear-stained faces and became deeply concerned. Yoongi tightly clutched onto a box, his sobs echoing loudly through the room.

Ignoring the voices of the others, Yoongi made his way into the house and entered the hall. There, he spotted Y/n sitting on the couch with Jin and Hobi, engrossed in watching a movie.

Jin had his arm around Y/n, and she rested her head on his shoulder, seeking comfort from him, almost like she saw him as a motherly figure. As Yoongi's gaze fell upon her, his throat tightened with emotions, and he choked on a sob, struck by the sight of her.

Yoongi stepped in front of the couch, causing a wave of surprise to wash over Y/n, Jin, and Hobi as they saw him in tears. He knelt down before Y/n, placing the box containing her family's belongings on her lap.

Without hesitation, she clutched onto the box, holding it close to her heart. Overwhelmed by emotions, Yoongi sobbed uncontrollably, lowering his head onto her lap, his cries echoing throughout the room.

Jimin, who had already shared the story with the others, watched the scene unfold with a mixture of heavy hearts and the bittersweet joy of witnessing Yoongi's reunion with his beloved angel, whom he had once thought was lost forever.

Y/n's concern for him was evident, even though she couldn't express it vocally. Pulling out her phone from her hoodie, she typed a message in the group chat, asking, "What's wrong?" Yoongi's phone dinged with the notification, and he looked at the message through teary eyes.

As he glanced back at her, he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with emotions, seeing how his little baby had grown into such a beautiful and caring person.

Yoongi gently wiped away his tears, his emotions overwhelming him as he opened the box. He carefully took out a worn-out picture, showing a young family - his parents and himself, with Y/n in his pregnant mother's womb.

As Jin caught a glimpse of the photograph, recognition flashed across his face. It didn't take him a moment to realize that the little boy in the picture was Yoongi himself. Jin turned to Jimin, who nodded in confirmation, and tears welled up in Jin's eyes as the realization hit him.

Yoongi's tearful smile lingered as he gazed at the picture. Turning his attention to Y/n, he asked in a trembling voice, "Y/n, d... do you know my full name?" Y/n shook her head slightly, indicating that she didn't.

He whispered, "Min Yoongi," and then reached into the box, retrieving a pen with "MYG" written on it.

With a tender smile, he continued, "My little angel stole it from my desk once because she loved the golden color." The realization hit Y/n that this story was a secret shared only between her and her departed family.

"How do you know?" she typed in the group chat. The message was read by everyone. Hobi approached Jimin and Jin, both of whom were visibly moved. Jin joined the others in the background.

As Yoongi gently took Y/n's hands into his own, a soft smile graced his lips. Tears welled up in Y/n's eyes as something clicked inside her, though she was hesitant to accept it. With the picture in his hand, Yoongi looked at Y/n and softly asked, "Baby, it's me, your Yoonie oppa."