Chapter 5 - Light maker

PART 1

"Hi, old friend."

What is this disgusting voice?

The man that stood at the door was stubby and fat, with a voice that could truly send even demons to heaven out of sheer regret. He kind of reminded me of a Viking due to his hair, but his attire was also really weird.

I mean, kind of like a Burger King Viking. Very low-budget Burger King Viking. Like a peasant Viking.

"I see that you have been paying off your loan pretty steadily. I hope that you have been doing well; after all, your dearest daughter is on the line..."

Genjy, who decided to hide behind the couch, opened his eyes wide as the short man tries to snarl upon saying those words.

Of course, that's the reaction, but the man's smile seemed to struggle even to show up, ruining the emotion of the moment.

"Of course, but why are you here, Damien? You are still getting your money, and I have been out of your hair without making a fuss."

"Of course --- I know. You made me copy you, you damn... *cough cough *"

Damien had quickly corrected his own mistake with a jiggle of his quadruple chin, then snapping at Sweet, who still seemed to calmly listen to what was being said; not even a peep came unless there was a good moment of silence.

"Sorry about that, but I was just asking you ab-"

"I HAVE COME to check if you know about a masked man with a half-monster, half-mime mask that has been heard to be named Soul!"

Just so happened to be our main man. Though it seemed confusing as to why he was looking for him, though I know that too well.

"No, I haven't been in the assassin business for a while, so I wouldn't know too much about them. If you came to ask me about this, why wouldn't you have asked Kevin?"

"Because Kevin would curve around the question, whether he knew or not, just to make it hell... Also, I don't trust you..."

"If that's the case, there is no one her-"

"Let me in."

The man was strong and decisive for a person whose voice would falter if he didn't take small breaks while he spoke.

"I cannot."

Calm as he was before, Sweet had a very serious tone. He looked down at the man, who aggressively furrowed his brows.

The little stubby man shoved his body between the small spaces not covered by ever-so-calm Sweet.

"LET ME IN!"

Sweet was now somehow blocking him from getting in until he stops:

"Wait... that mask... isn't that...?"

"N-No, it is just something I was working on to make money."

Damien noticed the mask on the table and started pushing even harder on Sweet, who timidly denied the greased-up man.

"I swear, if you don't let me in, you will pay me the rest of the money in two days!"

"NOT LETTING YOU THROU-gh!"

Sweet's voice almost disappears as he ditches the calm act, and an ear-piercing shout leaves his old but young mouth.

After, I'd say, about 15 minutes, struggling Sweet had accepted his offer, making him have to make $20 million in two days.

He sat on the couch, holding his head down, murmuring to himself:

"How the hell am I going to make that much money in two days?! DAMN IT!"