Chapter 4

Somehow i ended up at the Coffee shop. I didn't really feel like walking all the way home and I didn't feel like being alone.

"Olive, what are you doing here?"

        I turned to see Lucas with two foam cups in his hands that had the words Java Chill printed in bold across the top. He quickly set the cups down at a table where a guy and girl who looked like they were in their mid twenties were sitting. I don't think they were trying to look like a couple but they did as they laughed together carelessly and the girl blushed occasionally. For some reason that really sickened me, the sight of a happy couple. At this rate, I was going to end up an angry cat lady.

"Olive!" I brought my attention back to Lucas who was now in front of me wait for an answer.

         "What?"

        "What's wrong? schools not out for another two hours, what are you doing here?" He asked softly. Lucas always knew when their was something wrong with me. I didn't hate it, it was just weird but he was the closest thing i had to family hear besides Nessa.

        "I just..." my eyes were shifting from him back to the happy 'couple', "...Its nothing."

        "Olly..."He placed a hand on my shoulder.

        "I'm working early today," I changed the subject and avoided his gaze "I'm doing a piano set so just continue what you were doing, okay?"

Before he could reply i rushed my way over to the side of the shop where the white Grand Piano sat. The instrument was hardly used unless their was some kind of jazz event going on here or some sort of poetry reading. Other than that it was just a big lonely Piano.

        As I sat down on the small black piano bench I suddenly heard the Jingly bell above the shops doors go off louder than usual. I looked up out of curiosity to see who had made the noisy entrance and to my surprise Ben was standing their, in the middle of the room looking more than confused. That was, until his eyes met mine. 

        I stared at him questionably for quite awhile  until my eyes caught sight of the person who had been next to him, Gabe. Really? Gabe of all people he could choose to come with, it just had to be Gabe. Guess who wasn't here though? Drew. Y'know why? because Drew obviously doesn't care how i feel. More tears were threatening to come out of my eyes but i refused to cry even more.

        Calm down Olive. I kept telling myself.  I sat down on the small piano bench and turned on the mic that sat on top of the Piano.  As i finally began to play the whole shop when quiet.

Before I fall too fast

Kiss me quick but make it last

So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye

Keep it sweet, keep it slow

Let the future pass and don't let go

But tonight I could fall too soon into this beautiful moonlight