[70] The New Monarch

Happy One Year Anniversary To The First Chapter Of The New Monarch That Started It All! [1] Please Hear Me Out! Was Published On June 18th, 2023!

Bowser scoops you up in his powerful arms. "Woah!" Your initial yelp subsides as you feel yourself being cradled.

With a theatrical flourish, Kamek announces, "We'll allow the newlyweds to step out and prepare the reception." In response to his command, a bustling group of Koopas emerges from the surrounding crowd, swiftly and meticulously transforming the space.

As Bowser steps out, he's still carrying you. 

The doors are shut behind you, and you both exchange dumbfounded smiles as they close. "You're enchanting, my love..." Bowser voices, admiring your appearance as he scans you from bottom to top.

You shield your flushed cheeks from his intense gaze with the bouquet before slyly peeking out from behind it. "And you're absolutely ravishing..." You tell, lowering the flowers to unveil a wide, delighted smile.

"Now, now, not yet~." He whispers, inching closer to your face, but the piranha plants suddenly lash out, attempting to take a bite out of him. The man quickly retreats, and the unexpected aggression of the flora takes both of you aback. However, you can't help but chuckle at how differently the plant treated him compared to you. "Well, I guess I would react the same way if anyone tried to get near my wife." Bowser remarks unexpectedly tenderly.

Your radiant smile widens as you say, "I'd expect nothing less from my husband." And then peck his cheek. Cuddling against him as he continues to carry you toward what you recognize as the direction of your quarters.

Once the two of you reach the door, he effortlessly opens it with one hand while keeping his other hand securely holding onto you. The man carefully places you down on the floor, then places his hands gently on your shoulders, lightly toying with the delicate ruffles of your dress. "Can I ask you something important?" Bowser switches his steady gaze between the two before returning to your face.

You gulp and nod. 

Are you going to do it already?!

Right here, right now?!

What about the rest of the wedding?!

"Y-yes?" 

His somewhat serious features change as he asks, "Where do you want to go for our honeymoon?" 

"Huh?"

"Yeah, we haven't had a chance to discuss it." He says, releasing his grip on you and removing his hat, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "I think it's time to talk before we finish up and leave."

You sigh in relief, bending down slightly and placing your hands on your knees. "I thought... oh, boy..." 

Bowser raises a brow. "What did you-?" He pauses, the realization hitting him, and puts a sly smirk on his mouth. "What? Did you think I'd tear that precious dress off your lovely body and ravish you right here, right now~?"

"Absolutely not!" You stutter loudly, your flushed cheeks betraying your initial thoughts. "I simply can't allow a single blemish on this piece. It's exquisitely beautiful, and Toadette poured her heart and soul into creating it! I cannot bear to see it ruined..."

The man laughs at your banter that you believe he's being serious. "I would never dream of it! It's merely a joke." He snickers. "Would you look at that, our first quarrel~." 

You roll your eyes and playfully push him away. "You're wrong, we've had worse, remember~?" You tease while elbowing his arm. 

"Oh, right..."  He mumbles, knowing precisely what you're referring to. "Do you have to bring that up..?" Bowser pouts sadly.