Teenage Night (IV)

"Never have I ever thought
You'll see me the way I see you...
But in your beautiful eyes,
I know that you do..."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[ Y/N's POV ]
Seven O'Clock in the evening. Niall hasn't sent me a single text. Did he forget about me?

I sighed, making my way to the balcony. I rested my head, placing my palm on my cheeks. Admiring the breath-takingly beautiful scenery of the city, my lips curved into a smile without me realizing. I took in a deep breath, and then exhaled. I couldn't find the words to express my desire for a peaceful and calm evening like this. It has been a while since I last gained the opportunity to be alone in a placid place.

All of a sudden, my phone beeped, breaking the silence. I reached out for it, finding out that I had received a text.

From: Niall:)
Hey (Y/N), are you ready?

I quickly typed, saying 'yeah' and added a smiley face emoji before sending it quickly. Within a few seconds, another text appeared in my lockscreen.

From: Niall:)
Open the door, alright? Can't wait x

With a beaming smile in my face, I literally skipped my way to the front door. I took one deep breath, keeping the genuine smile as I swung the door open, only to reveal not a single soul. A vast wave of disappointment engulfed me whole. The sweet smile vanished instantly, replaced by a pout. I had expected to be greeted by a charming Niall. Maybe the truth hurts sometimes. I had thought that we had something. I had thought that the feeling was mutual. Was my poor heart being played mercilessly? Was this his way of telling me that it was one sided love?

Granted, I wasn't even certain whether this is what people would call love. Love is too strong of a word. Love is an intense feeling of adoration, too strong that it brings souls together or apart. Love either brings a soul down, or brings two souls to a path to their newfound happiness and become inseperable.

I let out a sigh. I guess I haven't found love. He probably doesn't love me and he made that clear. I shifted my gaze to the floor, wiping a tear that I never realized had wet my cheeks.

I counted from number one to three, waiting to see Niall appear and try to scare me. Nonetheless, he did not come even after three counts. With a heavy heart, I closed the door slowly. It felt as though my heart dropped with every passing second.

To my surprise, my phone beeped once again. I groaned, lazily reading the new text.

From: Niall:)
Aren't you gona come any time soon? It's been ten mins...

Huh? What does he mean? I read the text once again, my thoughts still in a muddle.

Once again, he sent me another text.

From: Niall:)
Have you opened the door? Look carefully okay ;)

Stop playing with my heart, you fool. The fury in my veins were beginning to erupt. I could not take it any longer. I rushed to the door, swinging it wide open.

"Oh," I muttered softly, clearly surprised. "Why haven't I noticed this earlier?"

A bouquet of red roses with an undeniably adorable palm sized teddy bear was laid on the floor. I blinked my eyes, looking from right to left as I brought the bouquet of roses close to my nose, breathing in the redolence of the beauteous roses. My lips formed a smile, my little dimple also showed. I took out a small card with a handwritten note. It says: