Chapter Three

Something in the words Ghost used was enough to slightly snap you out of your drunken haze that gripped your soul as tightly as you were pinned between him and König. The man in front of you, the one you wrapped your legs around, was a man you wanted nothing to do with. Mate be damned.

Ghost stared at you with hazy eyes, pupils dilated to the point where you could barely make out his irises. You used his equal soul-bound drunken state to your advantage, he was more distracted than he ever would be. It was the curse of a mate bond, you would always have a weakness now, all three of you tied to each other whether you liked it or not.

Not wasting any more time, you took both arms and put them behind you through König's, wrapping his arms inside yours and hooking your arms around to give you leverage. You tucked your knees to your chest, Ghost stepping back a tad to give you room before you shot both your feet out to his chest, effectively kicking him and using König behind you to brace the kick. Both feet hit your intended target and Ghost fell to the floor with a large groan, followed by a few sad whimpers he was attempting at holding back as he held his crotch.

You heard König gasp behind you and you took his surprise as the chance to drop from his arms, unlinking yours from his and landing in a squat on your feet. You gave neither man the chance to react before you bolted out the door of your room, sprinting away from the scene and down the dark halls of your base.

~

König knelt next to Ghost, a hand on his back as the man on the floor tried to regain his breath. "Ghost, are you okay?"

"What do you think?" He choked out. "She just donkey kicked me in the fucking nuts then ran away."

König's grin was more of a cringe under his mask. "You know she doesn't have the best thoughts of you and you send her-"

Ghost's eyes snapped to his mate, "I know what I fucking did to her okay?" He finally felt he was able to let go of his family jewels and be able to sit up. "Neither of you knows the full story and it's honestly none of your damn business. Just go find her, if she gets caught out at this time by Price, he'll have her ass." Ghost was fuming at this point, his voice came in raggedy pants and grunts.

König shrugged, "Price adores her, she's like his kid. He wouldn't even make her wipe down the mess hall tables if she stoles a vehicle. Which she did, twice actually." König pondered on the memory of it, how did you even get the keys?

Ghost, practically bubbling over with anger at this point, grabbed König by the neck and hauled his face down to his level, even though he was kneeling. "May I remind you there's also a threat of a spy planting bombs in different areas! She doesn't even have those fuckin' dogs with her. Go. Get. Her."

König used two pointed fingers to shove at Ghost's chest, pushing him back against the wall. "Mm, now that threat is enough to make me go get her, ja? But remember who's the Lt and who's the Colonel when we're outside of our bedroom." König replied a little too calmy before standing to his full height and stretching his arms above his head. "I do love a good game of chase. You call it.. what is it? Cat and Maus, no?" He chuckled before leaving Ghost on the floor and walking out the door, turning in the same direction he saw you run.

~

Your sock-covered feet pounded down the cement hallways, your breath even with all the training you've endured, forcing your feet to be as quiet as possible to avoid drawing any attention to yourself. You unceremoniously skidded around the corner, your socks not giving you any traction as you almost lost your footing and ate shit but managed to upright yourself just in time.

You dove under one of the long dining tables, knowing it wouldn't be too long before one or both of the men were on your trail. You ironically army crawled your way towards the nearest exit door, keeping your movements tight and secure to reduce the noise of shuffling. You knew that if you could slip out of that door with ease, then there was a locked two-story building on the opposite side of this one, it was the best place you could think of to hide and wait this disaster out.