Chapter 1. Popular Smartass Bastard

© Briana Diche 2014

Chapter 1. Popular Badass Bastard

"Mom, I'm going. I don't want to be late! Will you go anywhere?" I asked, irritated at the fact that I don't have a car.

"Not now. Probably in a few hours." Mom replied.

"Okay. I'll just ride with Sam and Jett. Bye!" I exit the house and shut the door without hearing my mom's reply. I text Sam, telling him to drive to my house and pick me up. This is the cons of having a secondhand car. This old pick-up is surely busted already. There's no chance reaching my first class if I even force the engine to start.

I jumped at the loud honking of Sam's expensive Jeep. I hopped in Sam's backseat when his twin sister, Danny, opened the door for me. Just as I closed the door, Sam stepped on the gas pedal hard, making Danny scream. "SAMMUEL!"

I lift my hands and cover my poor ears as she scolds Sam. "SAMMUEL FUCKING FINN! Slow the fuck down, you idiot!"

Sam slowed down knowing that being under Danny's wrath is not the best experience at all. I glared at the bastard through the rearview mirror. He knows how much I hate Danny's scream. It's the most painful and ear-shattering scream.

"Jett," I called. "Did you do the Math homework?"

No answer. Wow. Now, he's deaf. "JETT!"

He sat up straight startled.

"Did you do the Math homework?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I did. Damn! Being a smart ass and a varsity is hard. You and me would either quit being smart or quit the team. I don't know how Devin could be such a popular smart-ass bastard when he's not even a varsity!" Then, silence followed. "What the- Sam! You forgot Falcon!"

"Hey, Jett," I greeted, popping out of the space between Sam and Jett. "I heard you say popular smart-ass bastard. Was that me?"

"Oh shit. You were there all the time?! Devs, I was kidding, okay?"

"Mmm," I said as I glared at him. "I thought so."

Sam parked his car on a vacant parking space near the lot of our school. We all got out of the car and walked all the way to the entrance.

Like what Jett said, I'm a popular smart-ass, a girl's dream guy. I laughed at the thought of girls straddling me or pulling me to them. I may look like a play boy, but I was never one and never will be. I never even had a girlfriend. I was an ugly geek back in freshmen year. I was invisible to everyone because of my smart head until they invited me to a senior's party.

We're seniors now, and it's our turn to organize a wild party. I'll probably ignore my neighbors' complaints.

"Hey Devs!"

"Devin! Yo, wassup?"

"Hey, pretty boy."

"It's so hot. I don't know if it's the sun or you."