Chapter 18. "She Walked Away."

I wake up to the sunlight that was coming from the window. Today is the second day of camp and hopefully, today is better than yesterday since yesterday's activities were chill and boring. Checking the time on my phone, I groan. It's only 8am, yet I'm not feeling hungry. 8am is breakfast on our schedule, and honestly, this is how I want to wake up every Monday. Not at 6am.

Grabbing my clothes and my toothbrush, I walk out of our room and entered the shower. After washing my hair and body, I just there thinking about how I should be home, playing football with Denver, or how I'm supposed to be in school rather than this camp. Then, the thought of sleeping in the same room with Canary came into my mind. What if I was sleeping next to her? Of course our parents had rules about this so the twins were our borders.

I turn the knob of the shower, making the water stop from running. I get out of there quickly to dry myself and get dressed. Just as I was about to go out, someone already pushed the bathroom door open. I stare at the beautiful piercing blue eyes that was looking up at me. "Hey, Devin."

"Good morning, little bird." I greeted and smiled.

"I'm sorry I barged in," she said sleepily. "I'll just wait outside."

She turns around, but before she could even get away, I move closer to her and stopped her by placing my hand on her shoulder. Canary turns around, her face inches away from mine. Close enough, I thought. "I'm done and fully dressed," I said. "You can use it now."

Canary nods, but just stood there staring at me, and I did the same. I'm wondering what's going through her head. She could be thinking right now what else I'm still doing inside the bathroom, or why I'm just looking down at her. Instead, I look at her features, her beauty. Her long, messy, wavy hair suits her sleepy look. Her sky blue eyes were staring at me, there's this emotion I can't seem to understand, and her lips. Her lips are so-

"Hey I-I h-have to shower already." Canary said.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I'll go out now." I said somehow embarrassed. I leave the bathroom and went to the living room only to find both Sam and Jett already awake.

"Where's Danny?" I asked.

"She left with some girls she just met yesterday." Sam said.

I nod my head as I sit with them on the couch, waiting for Canary to get dressed. What if I finally wanted to fall for someone? Stupid question. What if I ant to date someone and be sure about her? Another stupid question. Canary's stare awhile ago was unreadable while mine can give away a little of what I was thinking. I'm probably over thinking everything. There's no way she's gonna like me anyway.

Ten minutes later, Canary emerged from the short hallway going to our bedrooms. She looked beautiful in her simple outfit and make-up. "You're pretty, Can."

"Thank you." She said with a smile.

"Not pretty, and not just pretty," Jett said. "You're beautiful AND blooming. Are you in love?"

I look at the guys. Sam was sitting there with a smirk on his face, which tells me he's going to do something to embarrass Canary. "Is it that Derrick guy? You like him?"

"No! Definitely not!" She defended.

"Whatever you say, Cancan!" Jet chuckled. I roll my eyes, not bearing to listen to their conversation about that dude.

Not wanting to waste so much time, I get up and say, "We have to go to the dining hall already. Breakfast ends at 10."

Jett sighed. "It's going to be a long day."