Chapter 6. "Larkin said in the book, 'Sometimes, remembering hurts too much."

It's a Saturday again, but today had a little change. I had spent my morning and afternoon with Celestine and my parents. In the morning, we had a breakfast, and thank the heavens above because it was one of the best breakfast so far.

Of course, Mom had served her best waffles and omelette. Lunch was the same, but she served Chicken Cordon Blue this time. Then, we head to the beach and enjoyed ourselves under the sun. We camr home an hour later before dinner, so I told Mom I'll be eating with Jett and his family.

Well, the truth is we're going to a party. Always and forever on a Saturday. Obviously, I had to stay sober as it was my "duty" to bring them home alive and unharmed. So here I am outside as always of someone else's house with Danny beside me. Sam obviously had to bring his sister with him. Poor Danny.

"Canary is coming out of the door. Again, her brother is in there," Danny said.

Indeed, Canary came out of the door. She looked so dam. Sleepy with her hair messed up beautifully and her glasses up on the bridge of her nose. She was holding a book called 'The Catastrophic History of You and Me.'

I pointed at the book and said, "That has good reviews. I'll say it myself; it's great."

"Really," she said as she yawned.

"Yeah. Celest made me read that. I give it a 9 over 10 if you ask me," I said.

"So quote the best line then. I'm already on the second to the last chapter," she challenged. Maybe she thought I was kidding when I said I actually read that.

I thought about it deeply. Then, I remembered someone so important to me, but he had to leave all for his own fellow men. "Larkin said in the book, 'Sometimes, remembering hurts too much."

Canary's eyes gave me the wow look. Thank God, I could impress her on small things like that. "I'm impressed," she said. "I never thought you were the type of guy to read books like this."

"So will you ever hang out with us for once?" I finally asked the question running around my mind since that day when she declined my offer.

I looked at her with so much hope in me. She had to learn how to trust me. We're partners, and there's nothing bad about me or my friends. Except that Sam is just way into flirting while Jett would just stand closely to listen.

"Okay then. Just make sure Danny will be there," she agreed.

I smiled, happy that she finally said yes to hanging out with us. I was about to say thank you amd just be overjoyed when Danny suddenly interrupted me. "I'll definitely be there, girl! I'm tired of these boys."

I looked at Danny and smirked. I very well know how to annoy the shit out of her. This is why she wished sometimes that Sam was never her younger twin.

"Okay, sure! It's settled then," I said, clapping my hands.

"But still," Canary said as she pointed her finger at me. "I don't agree with you with that line being the best in this book."

"What is it then?" I asked.

"Patrick said, 'War is sweet to those who never fought." She proudly recited.

"And why so?" I questioned.

"Nothing. Just my favorite line. It means so many things."

"Okay. Stop debating," Danny said. "Just not now."

I smiled at Canary, proud that I read the book before she did. I was hoping for the conversation to be a little longer, but then the door bursted open. There comed out a drunk Sam and a tipsy Jett.