Chapter 12. " Me, was that even possible?"

.

"Falcon? Falcon."

Oh shit. This is the weirdest alarm clock.

"Falcon? Falcooon. Ugh!"

Yo better shut up, alarm clock. It's a weekend.

"Devin Claw Falcon!" The voice roared. I sit up straight, waiting for my eyes to adjust from the brightness of the light. Why is it so hot?

"Devs, help me," Canary cried. "My head. It feels like someone punched me."

I scratch my head as I try to remember every single detail from last night. I wasn't drunk so I would remember that for sure. I looked around, and I find Sam and Jett snoring, both sweating and stinky. "I'm sure Danny is also having an ache since she's not here anymore." I said.

I stood up and walked back inside the house with some bottles in my hand. Walking down the stairs, I carefully take each step making sure I won't make any loud sounds. Halfway through the kitchen, I hear voices talking to my left, which is where you'll see the living room. Once I've thrown away the bottles, I went back in. This time, the voices are louder. I feel the sadness in their voices, and I recognize one of them.

"I know but what if one day, she has it already? Canary can't go too early." The first female voice said.

"Mrs. Paige, we'll see how we can prevent it all, okay? Just believe in Canary. It's in your genes that's why she can possibly have it." The other voice, the twins' Dad, said.

What's wrong with Canary, I thought. She didn't mention anything about "genes".

I leave the two alone and go back in the balcony. When I arrived, Canary was sleeping again, and this time, Danny is here. "I found her in tears," Danny said. "So I brought some medicine to ease her headache."

I walk to the other side, next to Canary. I push away some of her hair to see her beautiful face. She looked so beautiful, angelic and peaceful. I thought back again to what the two parents downstairs were talking about. What is she hiding that I don't know about at all?

"Her mom is there. This is your chance to take her home." Danny carefully took Sam's keys from his pocket and tossed it to me.

I wake up Canary gently, and she jerked up. She covered her eyes and said, "I want to sleep, Falcon, so shush." She drops her head again on the table.

Instead of just bugging her, I grabbed her by the waist and threw her on my shoulder. She kicked me and slapped me, but I didn't care. Actually, her kicking and slapping didn't have an effect on me. Not until she pinched my butt, and I somewhat swing my body, making a full 360 degrees. "What was that for?!"

"Put. Me. Down." She said.

"No."

"Warning. I'm pinching you again if you don't."

"Gotta bring you home," I reminded her. "Or your parents will find out about your whereabouts and the things you've been doing."

Canary stopped kicking and slapping me, and not even a pinch on my butt. She, out of nowhere, hummed the intro of Terrible Things. And as the intro ends, she begins to sing the first line.

By the time I was your age, I'd give anything. To fall in love truly was all I could think.

She stopped for a moment, and I wondered if she was ever going to continue it... or maybe I was unintentionally killing her since she's upside down. Oh shit...