Chapter 10. "Nothing is fair in the world, Devin."

.

After Canary showed me her bucket list, I thought of starting this weekend. All I need is Danny's help. She has to convince Canary to go with us this weekend, and some of the numbers will be crossed out of the list.

         "I'm still wondering why she had to back out from the debate tournament. I mean she's responsible and smart and organize," Celestine ranted. She came to our table just to rant about all of the things going on with Canary.

         "Celest, relax. She said it's something personal. Maybe it's all too much for her to handle," I said.

         "He's right," Danny said. "She will need all the break from all this shit."

         "Daniella," Celest began again. "Okay. Forget I was ranting. I'll leave."

Celestine stood up and walked away. All of us fell into silence, not bothering to change the atmosphere. I pulled out the paper Canary showed me last night. She told me to keep it since she memorizes it all anyway. It was like she trusted me so much with her bucket list. Her eyes were captivating when she looked up at me. I knew she'll completely start trusting me if I don't fail her with this one task. Once i had a grasped of the paper, she let it go like it will on depend on me; that it will be done in an instant if I help her with all of it. It was like all of the things on the list will only be momentary.

Someone taps on my shoulder, and I look back to see Canary smiling at me. Her smile was alluring. It got me stuck in a daydream. "Devin," she calls.

         "Yeah?"

She sits beside me, and starts a conversation, changing the atmosphere on our table. She was some kind of magic all of a sudden. "When do we start?"

         "Wait," says Danny. "start what?"

         "Just a list to do," Canary covers up. "like things I want to do."

         "What, like a bucket list?" Danny asked.

         "Yeah," I replied. "Maybe we could start this weekend. Can you go?"

         "Bring us, Devs," says Sam.

I nod at Sam. He will enjoy the weekend for sure. Knowing Sam, he'll probably take us to a party. If so, I can cross out number 2 and 6. "Sam, you know a party that's coming up this weekend?" I asked.

Sam nodded, of course, and said, "My teammate's place. It's a mansion, but other than that, there are no parties that I know of."

         "Okay. We'll go there."

Sam's eyes were like about to bulge out of their sockets. It's like he's heard some great and crazy news. I had the urge to slap him to snap him out of it, but then it was unnecessary so I decided against it. "Are you serious?" He asked with so much excitement.

I glanced at Canary. She was smiling, and her eyes were like lit-up Christmas lights. I whispered a yes to Sam, and he started to do his so called 'victory dance'. I was drunk once, and I promised myself to never do it again. I didn't like the outcome of it. I'll have to go through it again just for Canary.

The bell rings, signaling us the end of our lunch break. We left the canteen and head our separate ways to our next class. During class, I thought of how she could do number 10 when she's always with me. For the most part, she will be with me, and she'll be stuck with me. To fall in love, I thought. She can fall for anyone for a span of 5 months or something. It will take so much time to do so. She has to go out of her comfort zone, her boundaries.