7

Sohee felt her head throbbing as she slowly opened her eyes, and she could make out a bright white light in her blurred vision. She was lying in a hospital bed, and as her vision cleared, she saw her brother Soobin sitting next to her, looking worried and concerned.

"Soobin..." His worried attention went to her as she slowly got up, and he stood up frowning his eyebrows at her.

"Sohee, oh god you idiot WHY THE HELL DID YOU FAINTED DURING AN OPERATION THAT HAS TO BE LEAD BY DR. SCOUPS." Sohee's eyebrows drew in a straight line as she sat up straight and glared at Soobin.

"I didn't wish to faint Soobin! How is that patient..."

"Luckily the patient is completely out of danger, but you are in GRAVE DANGER BECAUSE DR. SCOUPS IS THE MOST STRICT DOCTOR IN THE WHOLE MINOSAN AND NOW HE WILL EAT YOU ALIVE!" Soobin was frustrated and exasperated, his voice filled with anger and annoyance. He threw his hands up in the air in frustration and let out a loud groan of frustration as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Sohee rubbed her eyes tiredly, her shoulders slumped in defeat as she nervously chewed on her bottom lip. "He can't be more strict than Dr. Jihyo?" She spoke in a low voice looking up at her brother who scoffed loudly.

"Dr. Jihyo? Huh! Her wrath is nothing in front of Scoups, Sohee. He will..."

"IS SHE AWAKE." The door was suddenly thrown open with a loud bang, causing both siblings to flinch in fright. Scoups strode in, his face red with rage and his eyes blazing. Sohee gulped nervously, feeling the intensity of Scoups's glare.

She stood up next to Soobin, he looked so intimidating, that Sohee could feel her heart pounding in her chest.

"Can I have a talk with Dr. Sohee in private, Mr. Soobin." Scoups clenched his jaw as looked down at Soobin.

Sohee clung to Soobin's uniform like a koala clinging to a tree, desperately pleading for him to stay. Soobin reluctantly tried to release her grip, giving her an awkward smile and a stern glare all at once while she gripped him shaking her head asking him to not leave. This hilarious tug-of-war between the two of them further infuriated Scoups!

"ARE YOU BOTH DONE!" Scoups shouted at both of them and Soobin pushed Sohee away who almost twirled around handling her balance while Soobin quickly bowed to Scoups and left.

Sohee cursed under her breath at Soobin, and then quickly looked down as met Scoups's raging face.

"Dr. Sohee, what happened in the operation an hour ago... It was completely unacceptable. Your weak behavior just puts that patient's life into risk." Sohee flinched, her head down in a submissive manner.

"I know doctors feel nausea and panic when they are in their early resident years, but I guess it's been too lenient for you now Dr. Sohee. You are a 3rd year resident and still your hand trembles to hold a scalpel. IS THIS HOW YOU WILL BECOME A SURGEON!" Scoups shouted, flinching Sohee.

"I am sorry Dr. Scoups, but I really tried my best... my head starts spinning when I see blood like that..." Sohee wiped the sweat from her forehead as spoke in a low voice.

"Sohee, if you are this afraid of blood then you should have never dreamt of becoming a surgeon." Sohee's chin quivered as she heard Scoups, her eyes stuck on the floor. He just said what she hates about herself on her face.

"What kind of surgeon are you, who can't even perform a surgery! If that's how you want to be forever then just pack your bag and LEAVE!" Scoups's voice roared in the hospital room as he turned his back to Sohee leaving the room.

As Sohee was left alone, a soft whimper left her lips as her watery eyes looked up.

"I never dreamt of becoming a surgeon..." She mumbles, tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.