63

Around midnight, the Choi house was filled with noise of gossiping as everyone gathered, marking the end of a story that had unfolded over the past few weeks.

Hana, who had been trapped in a trance induced by Taehyung, finally emerged, her expression reflecting a mixture of relief and exhaustion.

Hyunjin, now returned to his human form, silently wished for the bliss of forgetting, yet found himself burdened with the rare gift of remembering everything.

Seated on the floor were Jay, Jake, Heesung, and Jungwon, their laughter and chatter blending harmoniously with Sunghoon, creating a warm and lively atmosphere.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol and Yoongi occupied the sofa, engaged in a conversation that seemed to release the tension they had been carrying. Between them sat Beomgyu and Taehyun, caught in the middle but somehow at ease.

Soobin stood in the kitchen, with Sohee, watching everyone with a soft smile.

"Sunghoon is too happy seeing Eunchae rejected him." Sohee blinked sighing out looking at Sunghoon and then at Soobin, "And you are too sad seeing she accepted you."

Soobin couldn't help but chuckled weakly as raised his head at Sohee.

"I love you, Sunghoon..." Eunjae's voice trembled with sincerity as she closed her eyes.

Sunghoon's eyes widened in disbelief, his breath catching in his throat.

"What...?" His voice was barely a whisper, amidst the howling winds that swept around them, ruffling his hair and stirring the fabric of their clothes.

Eunjae stepped closer, her resolve firm as she reached out to grasp his face, her touch igniting a spark of warmth within him. Without hesitation, she pressed her lips to his for a second before pulling away.

She looked into his glistened eyes, gazing at her in awe.

"I love you... but I am not Eunjae Chae anymore." Sunghoon looked down as she said holding his face gently,
"I was your soulmate... maybe I still am but I am Kang Eunchae... in this life. I love Soobin, and I want to marry him. I am sorry."

Her voice shivered as she wiped his tears, "Don't think you have no one, I am here for you but I can't love you like you want me to."
Sunghoon bit his lips as held her hand weakly nodding,
"We couldn't had our goodbye last time... That's why I came to you for a proper goodbye. Being your knight was the best thing that happened to me and I'll always cherish your memories with me." Eunjae said closing her eyes with tears streaming down.

"Maybe we weren't supposed to be together in both of your lives... let's meet in our next life Eunjae. And there I won't be losing you ever again." Sunghoon's voice was feeble as clutched her hands tightly,

"Bye Sunghoon." Eunjae said slowly stepping away, feeling her heart aching as the distance between her and Sunghoon grew.

"Goodbye Eunchae." Sunghoon said with a soft yet broken smile, causing Eunchae to chuckle weakly as he called her with the present life name.

"What if she is doing it because she feels bad for me?" Soobin murmured fidgeting with his fingers only to receive a slap on his back by Sohee.

"Not always letting go is the true love bro! What if she ACTUALLY loves you more... do you even know how scared she was when you got stabbed. I have never seen the great Kang Eunchae being scared like that even when her own brother Taehyun fell off stairs." Sohee said putting her hand over his shoulders, "Please don't overthink. It's a disease."

Soobin smiled gently as patted Sohee's head, "Look at my little sister talking like old people."

"You wanna die? I am just THREE years younger than you!" Sohee shouted whispering as poked him.
"By the way thank you for getting healed."