30

As Soobin disappeared in the direction he had gone, Sohee sighed and looked down. The chilly breeze blew against her cheeks, causing her to wrap her arms around herself in an effort to stay warm.

She was about to turn around and head back in her own direction, but she stopped when she saw Yeonjun standing a distance away, looking just as surprised to see her.

"What are you doing here at this time?" Yeonjun furrowed his brows worriedly asking.

"Nothing, going to Beomgyu's house... you..." As she glanced up, she noticed Yeonjun's tense figure as he inhaled deeply, his gaze darting around the quiet street.

"I was.. I want to tell you something Sohee..." Sohee blinked, her stomach churning up at the voice of him indicating something bad.

"What..."

"Me and Sunghoon will stay at Yoongi's house from now on..." Yeonjun said, licking his lips nervously, "Thank you and Soobin for allowing us to stay with you guys..."

"Did something happen? Did mom say anything?" Sohee asked, frowning her eyes as her arms fell to her side.

Yeonjun swallowed harshly as closed his fist by his side, "Nothing happened... no one said anything..."

"Then why? Why do you want to stay at Dr. Yoongi's house... if there's anything you can tell me Yeonjun..." Sohee walked towards him, but to her surprise, Yeonjun stepped back, avoiding her gaze as he kept his head down and his eyes fixated on the ground.

He felt his jaw quiver and his eyes brim with tears as he watched Sohee tender care for him.

"Isn't that obvious... everyone knows but you..." Soobin said, pursing his lips and Yeonjun frowning his eyes looking at him.

"Huh... what do you mean?" Yeonjun asked, shaking his head, chuckling lightly.

"Sohee really likes you, like really... crazy after you." Soobin shared innocently as looked at surprised Yeonjun.

Yeonjun was completely taken aback by it; his eyes widened in surprise as his body felt goosebumps that he had never experienced before.

"Sohee hasn't had this huge crush in a very long time... " Soobin chuckled.

"What... really..." Yeonjun felt his cheeks flush with warmth and shook his head in wonder at the strange sensation.

"Yeah... and if she likes someone she'll go out of the way for them. She is so obvious that I thought you must have gotten an idea."

"Did I do something... why are you going?" Yeonjun looked at her with a gentle gaze as she pointed to herself, her eyes filling with sadness.

"Please stop caring for me so much!" Sohee's eyes widened in shock as she flinched, Yeonjun's voice gently trembling with emotion as he tilted his head in pain.

"Sohee... I want you to be safe... and..." Sohee's eyes widened in surprise as the words left his mouth, and she blinked rapidly in bewilderment, "I don't want you to go through the pain and longing that I went through! Can't you understand!"

"What do you mean?" Sohee asked, swallowing down harshly.

"It hurts really bad, when you have feelings for someone and that person could never return it..." She could feel her heart beating faster, her throat tightening with emotion, and her eyes welling with tears as she looked at him.

"You know?" Yeonjun clenched his fist tightly as he slowly nodded his head.

His chest was filled with a torrent of emotions, like a dam that threatened to burst, and he wanted desperately to let it all out.