33

As the first rays of the morning sun crept into the hospital room, Sohee's eyes slowly fluttered open, the light of the day casting a gentle glow on her face. She winced as the light hit her eyes, she attempted to stretch her neck, only to feel the bandage that was wrapped around it and the bite mark from the night before.

Sohee slowly opened her eyes and lazily tried to get up, only to feel something near her hand. She stopped and held her breath in surprise when she realized it was Yeonjun's head, resting peacefully near her hand. She tilted her head, her lips pursed shyly as she gazed at Yeonjun's soft features. His eyes were slightly closed, his bangs falling over his forehead, and his lips were slightly parted, telling he was in a deep sleep.

But what made her heart go crazy was the feeling of Yeonjun holding her hand tightly, her cheeks heated up as she couldn't help but smile brightly.

"MY god!" Sohee's smile was so broad that it reached her eyes, causing them to crinkle with joy as she completely forgot about her worries and the time and place around her.

"Should I wake him?" Sohee grinned, tilting her head to the other side as whispered cheerfully to herself, "Or should I just keep on looking at him!" She giggled lightly, covering her excited face.

"You look very cheerful Sohee..." Suddenly, Yeonjun flinched and sat back with a start, his eyes still half-lidded with sleep, upon hearing the sound of the door opening. Sohee sighed in disappointment as his hand left hers.

"I expected you to be pale and weak but good to see the brightness on your face." Jihyo smirked as looked at Sohee and then at Yeonjun who was rubbing his eyes to open them.

"He must be that half human half vampire huh?"
Sohee choked on her breath as hear Jihyo and looked at Yeonjun who was flustered at the doctor's comment.

"Vamp... vampire? What vampire? Oh the vampire in storiesss?" Sohee stuttered blabbering while Jihyo sighed, shaking her head.

"Despite two vampires biting you to death you still didn't forget to blabber nonsense didn't you." Sohee pursed her lips as Jihyo scoffed while walking towards her. "Idiot."

Sohee's gaze lingered on Yeonjun as he slowly stood up from his seat and suddenly met her eyes. She quickly looked away, feeling her cheeks flush as she tried to compose herself. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to maintain her composure.

"Wohoo miss Sohee why is your heart rate suddenly increasing at this abnormal speed?" Jihyo blinked in surprise as looked at the machine and flustered Sohee who was turning red in embarrassment again.

"I'll leave the room..." Yeonjun bit his lip as smiled slyly before walking out of the room, Sohee squinted and closed her eyes as a wide grin spread across her face with his smile.

"Looks like a lot of oxytocin is being produced." Jihyo said, crossing his arms as stared at Sohee, who was flapping her feet under the sheet.

Yeonjun closed the door behind him, smile not leaving his face. He turned around only to yelp in surprise, his eyes widening as he looked up to see Soobin giving him the classic 'parent stare' with his arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed.

"I just asked you to meet my sister, not sleep all night there!" Soobin pouted, staring at Yeonjun trying to be scary.

Yeonjun squinted his brows, surprised and confused at Soobin's words.

"What..."

"Are you trying to be a protective brother now when it was you who spilled about Sohee's crush to her crush?" Beomgyu poked Soobin in his stomach, looking at him with judging eyes.