25

The wind whispered through the trees, carrying with it the sweet scent of the approaching night. The sun hung low in the sky, its golden light bathing the earth in its warm embrace. It was the kind of evening where the world seemed to be at peace, and all was calm.

In the Choi house, Yeonjun slowly blinked as his gaze fell upon the calendar hanging against the wall. His lips parted away as he slowly exhaled, his eyes lingering on the date.

With only 79 days remaining until his disintegration, he was eagerly awaiting the day's arrival. However, as the days dwindled away, he could not suppress a feeling of apprehension and unease.

“What are you looking at?” Sohee peeked behind Yeonjun, blinking curiously as looked at him and the calendar.

Yeonjun's eyes widened as he saw Sohee leaning in closer, her face almost touching the wall as she squinted her eyes to inspect the calendar's contents. 

“You are a really curious person.” Yeonjun said, crossing his arms as stood against the wall.

Sohee grinned looking at Yeonjun and chuckled, placing her hair strand behind her ear.

“Since the day I was born.” Sohee said, pursing her lips, Yeonjun shook his head as smiled looking away.

“OH RIGHT!” Suddenly Sohee shouted, surprising Yeonjun.

“What?”

“I came here to take you somewhere.” Sohee said, raising her brows at him.

“Me? Where?” Yeonjun asked surprised, blinking confused and innocently.

“On a date.” Sohee said and Yeonjun’s eyebrows shot up to his hairline.

“WHAT!” He yelled, his voice reaching the highest note, while Sohee tried to contain her laughter by pursing her lips tightly.

“Yah, I am joking!” Sohee said, rolling his eyes as let out a little chuckle, while Yeonjun gulped, smiling awkwardly. “I came here to take you to an amazing place! It’s a surprise!” Sohee tucked onto Yeonjun’s hand, surprising him as rushes out of the house.

•••

Sun shone brightly on the lush green grass, creating a beautiful backdrop for the coffee event which was held on a lush green field, adorned with coffee-inspired decorations. Little stalls filled the air with the sweet aroma of different kinds of coffee and tea, while the stage was set for the musicians who would soon grace the crowd with their melodic tunes. And all around, cozy seating was arranged for guests to relax and enjoy the festivities.

Yeonjun's mouth gaped open in awe of the wonderful scene around him. He had a deep love for coffee and this was the place to be for coffee lovers. He had heard of the Minosan Coffee Event and had been wanting to go for years, but with such a heavy practice schedule, he never could. His eyes lit up with excitement as he took in the sights.

“You guys came!!” Sohee smiled seeing Beomgyu and Soobin coming towards them.

“Has the event started?” Sohee asked.

“Not now, still time… but mom and dad had already seated themselves in the front seat to watch the performance.” Soobin said pointing at Hana and Woo Shik sitting comfortably on the couch.

Sohee scoffs as looked away from them and at Yeonjun who was looking around the venue like a puppy.

“He is so cute.” Sohee squeaked quietly, blushing, while Beomgyu and Soobin gave her a look that could have melted steel.

“Look who’s here, my friend Sohee!” The smile dropped off Sohee's face as she heard Eunchae’s voice.

Soobin smiled awkwardly as Sohee returned his stare to him.