The Most Unfortunate News... (RIP Night Walker)

A/N: Hey readers, I know I made a chapter about the rework of The First Dawn back in April earlier this year, but I wanted to make another one. However, this was a chapter that I never wanted to create and something that I have always dreaded. You have read the title, and I hate to say it, but Night Walker is now officially discontinued. The greatest work that I have ever done is now dead. In order for me to express my remorse of the story's demise, I will tell you most of the plans that I am doing for the Night Walker rework. I'll do my best not to spoil anything. And no, I will not unpublish it, since some people enjoy reading this story and it will be a grave mistake if I did so.

Why will Night Walker be discontinued?

A/N: As some of you may have noticed, the story has been kind of a disastrous mess lately. It went great, initially, but it started to fall apart as time went by. Some people were upset about the poor choices of the appearance, theme, names, or whatever in the story that's made. Secondly, people have also been complaining about the unnecessary chapters for the story and aren't official chapters of the plot. Third of all, I feel like the story itself is all tangled up, like the plot doesn't make any sense anymore and I added some unnecessary crossovers. Those are some major ones I wanted to point out, but I'm sure there's a lot of other things that have messed up the story. I know some of you say that the story is good, but I'm just saying. I can say that the downfall is mainly caused by the drama that occurred in it, especially how a lot of people said some rude stuff about the story, and the disastrous events that have happened within the story. I know that bad stuff happens and it's inevitable, but it can also really anger me. And the more I continue to work on the story, the more confusing and complicated the plot will be. Therefore, this will be the demise of Night Walker, even though I said that Night Walker isn't discontinued back then. However, there is still a spark of hope, and that is the rework of Night Walker.

A/N: Before I explain The First Dawn, I want to explain how I came up with it in the first place. Back in early 2022, I originally wanted to make a prequel of Night Walker called Lost Tales, which took place in Ancient Remnant, where the Gods of Light and Darkness were around and Team RWBY and most of the characters never existed, except for Ozma and Salem. It also featured the Seven Deadly Sins from Darksiders. For some reason, though, I quickly lost interest into working it and was cancelled. I then knew my one-year anniversary was coming soon, and I wanted to do something very special for my followers. Initially, I wanted to publish multiple stories simultaneously, and some of these stories were Dragon Amongst Men and a rework of Night Walker called Remnant's Last Protectors. Fearing that I may forget about the stories, I instead did the other way around and published Dragon Amongst Men, with multiple chapters published simultaneously, as it's update will always be like that, and it will happen annually. I did not forget about the Night Walker rework, though. Because of my determination to work on Dragon Amongst Men, that is why I am going to create The First Dawn, as Dragon Amongst Men taught me a lot of things when creating the story.

What will The First Dawn be about?

A/N: For those who have read the previous chapter, I said that I was fascinated by the fairy tales that were told in the show of RWBY, such as the Four Maidens and the Grimm Child. There are also a lot more that talked about the Silver-Eyed Warriors, the origin of Faunus, and even the backstory of Salem. My favorite fairy tale of all is the story of the Two Brothers. The reason why is because the story gives a brief history of what Ancient Remnant was like before the modern version came to be, like before Huntsman and Huntress, Dust, and the Four Kingdoms. Despite the fact that there were few episodes that talked about Ancient Remnant and how the Gods of Light and Darkness really came to be, I had a lot of questions about it, such as what was magic like back then. Because of my vast curiosity about Ancient Remnant, I want to make a fanfic that takes place around that time, as like I'm creating an original story. The First Dawn will be that story that focuses on Ancient Remnant, and the sequel, Remnant's Last Protectors, will take place in Modern Remnant. That's where the RWBY characters appear and the RWBY events begin. The First Dawn will somewhat be an untold Remnant fairy tale that no one ever knew existed.