The First Dawn Prologue: A Nightmarish Calamity (Halloween Special 2023)

A/N: Hello readers. It is Halloween day, and despite that Night Walker is now officially discontinued, this chapter that you're about to read is the planned prologue of The First Dawn. Here, this is what it will look like, but it is not yet final and may be changed when the actual story is released, depending on your opinion after reading it. Unlike the Halloween special of 2021, this special will appear to be a bit darker and more terrifying. That's why I want to make this prologue of The First Dawn a Halloween special.

A/N: Now, save your opinions till the end, but for now, I present all of you to "A Nightmarish Calamity"!

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

3rd Person POV

It was a peaceful night in the world of old. The night sky had a beautiful bluish color, the many stars twinkled, and the luminous moon that can be seen above illuminated brightly. The vision of the moon, however, was seen in a large puddle of water. It was splashed when a carriage walked through it. This carriage was going towards a great kingdom that was protected by a stone barrier. There, many homes were built within that had citizens going on with their normal lives. Some strolled down the streets, while others were communicating with one another. Regardless of their activities, everyone lived happily in the kingdom. The carriage that made its way to the kingdom arrived at the gates, which were guarded by two knights. One wielded a sword and shield, the other wielded a spear. Both were armored, and on top of the kingdom's barriers were more knights, who wielded bows and crossbows. After the two knights near the gates questioned the rider of the carrier, they allowed him inside the kingdom after opening the gates. Once the rider passes through, the knights close the gates straight away.

Knight 1: It's been a long evening. I'm hoping that I am able to rest soon.

Knight 2: We just have to stay here for a few more hours. Until then, we must stay vigilant.

Knight 1: Well, at least there aren't any Grimm that are troubling us, especially to the citizens.

The knights looked at the starry sky, admiring its beautiful magnificence.

Knight 1: Tonight is a beautiful night.

Knight 2: Indeed it is. The moon shines brightly upon us.

As the knights continued to admire the sky's beauty, they noticed that the moon is starting to change into a pinkish color.

Knight 1: Is it just me? Or is the moon starting to become pink?

The other knight takes a close look at the moon, observing its change of color. His eyes widened as soon as he noticed the pinkish color.

Knight 2: Oh, no...

Knight 1: What is it?

Knight 2: He's here.

The moon, all of a sudden, turned into a completely crimson color, becoming a blood moon. After the moon's color became crimson, so did the night sky. The night sky that once used to be bluish now turned into a mix between red and violet.

Knight 1: Uhh, what's going on?

The knights looked ahead, becoming shocked of what they saw. In front of them, in the distance, was a massive army of Grimm that charged towards the kingdom. There were large numbers of Beowolves, Creeps, Ursas, Beringels, and many other Grimm that came. There were even more larger Grimm, such as Goliaths, Megoliaths, King Taijitus, and even Leviathans. In the sky came Nevermores, Manticores, Teryxs, Griffons, Sphinxes, and few Wyverns.