18

The little child ran lithely around her dad giggling, her melodious laughter like ethereal chimes in the air. Her father, adorned her with a tender gaze. "You can do it, sugarplum! You are near, very near...Just a little over the edge. ," he whispered, his voice a gentle breeze carrying dreams.

The image of the father gracefully morphed into that of a resplendent and enchanting woman. Clad in a flowing gown that seemed to catch the very essence of the wind, she emanated an ethereal glow that adorned her like a halo. She beamed at me and whispered, "Welcome to my abode Ash.."

I was rendered speechless for a hot minute. Time stood still once more, as if inviting me to savor this profound encounter—a meeting of souls, woven by the threads of imagination and emotions. "Moon Godess?..."The brief moment of astonishment was replaced with confusion, grief, anger , and plethora of why's and how's. She was the embodiment of grace, putting the old school money tiktok aesthetic to major shame. "Before, you bounce me with all your questions, please hear me out" I opened and shut my mouth, "I -, well sure go ahead"

"Ash you are one of the purest and kindest soul I have known, you are kind and empathetic towards your near and dear ones. Whichever hurdles you've faced in life that has just been to make you stronger and teach you to own your self-worth." Nothing she said did to calm the anger which was bubbling benath my skin. "If you love me so much, why did you create such complicated mess in my love life? Why are you making things difficult for me? I had to go through a lot, I have even lost my wolf. Do you have anything to say about that?" I shot off surprised at the rate at which words were coming outta of my mouth.

She put on the kindest smile and spoke in one of the most enchanting voices I have heard, "My darling Ash, Love has the ability to transform, to elevate, and to inspire. It drives acts of compassion and fuels dreams of a better world. It is a source of strength in moments of weakness, a guiding light in the darkest of times."
"Then why has this never been the case for me? I have tried everything for my mate to love me, but doesn't seem like its working, he has fallen for someone else." I didn't realize, my pitch had gone higher.

"Soul-mate is someone whose presence would make you feel complete, as if missing pieces of their puzzle have finally found their rightful place. They accept each other with unconditional love, embracing flaws and imperfections, and supporting growth and transformation. Maybe you have been looking at the wrong place. Ash, I have given mates to each one of my child thinking that both of them will bring happiness and warmth to each other, but you my child have the freedom to take "the" decision for yourself and chose who your soul-mate would be, who that person is that makes you wanted"

A tear, scratch that bunch of tears were making their way down my cheeks. "And as for your wolf, I cant help in returning her back, I will aide you though in your obstacles but you need to heal and put in the effort for her to come back to you. Be prepared to make a choice. I can see it coming, Its very very near....."

I faded into darkness felt super light, felt as if I was floating within the depths of the ocean, floating amongst the clouds in the sky. Suddenly I felt a tap and voices zoomed in on me. "Ash? Hey Ash? Scaredypup? Child Ash?" The voices slowly transitioned into familiar faces, as I was sucked back into reality.

Alice's POV:

"Why are you so nervous? It's just Ash's mom right? You've known her for many years now?" asked Jordan. I was pacing the lengths of my hall thinking about how to evade Ash's mum. "The thing is Jordan, she's gonna bombard me with questions until the truth comes out" He sighed, "Ok, so we will tell her the truth, that they are gone for a small vacation. Isn't why they went out?" He gave me a curious stare. "Yeah- I mean yes, we will tell her that", "Alice, I know when you are uncomfortable, I don't wanna force you, but just let me know the truth whenever you feel like, okhy?" I smiled and was grateful that he didnt push for answers.

The doorbell went off and I knew it was time. Standing on the other side was Ash's mom, with a grave face. "Aunty, would you please come in?", "Where is Ash? She's not been messaging neither picking my phone, moreover I am unable to call her now. Is everything alright Alice?" she stared into my eyes and asked in one fluid breath. I broke into a nervous laugh, "Yes Aunty, she's doing great. Actually She and Alpha Xavier have decided to take a small vacation to heal and work on their bond, and have taken off to a no network zone, maybe that's why you are unable to reach her" Her facial expression relaxed by an inch, "Where have they gone to?". 

I took an internal deep breath and answered, "To a nearby hill". She shrugged, "She could have just let me know, before going off MIA on me. Does she realize, how empty and scared I have been, I have been messaging and calling her but no response. Anyways Alice, just keep me posted on her whereabouts, if she does call you." 

She bid me bye and was just exiting when Cameron used his were-speed to walk in. He  shot out, "Hey, have you heard from Ash yet? I have been trying to reach Jenna and Raven, and even they are unreachable. Did something happen to them in the forbidden hills?" 

I froze at my spot and was trying to give him a hint through the pack link about our other guest staring at him with her mouth agape, guess the damage had been done. "Jenna? Jenna and Raven with Ash? And that too in the forbidden hills? What kind of vacation are they taking in that dangerous of a hill? What is going on actually?" asked Ash's mum in a nervous voice.

Xavier's Pov:

48 hours, it's nearly 48 hours of Ash being unconscious – asleep. I feared she might have been in coma due to the injuries. But why didn't her wolf aide her heal? Has she been this fragile? All of this mess has been my creation. I should have been the one in Ash's place. A million similar self-depreciating thoughts ran post to pillar in my mind. I was nervous and angry at the same time. "Xav, please calm down. The elder is on his way" spoke Jenna softly, her jasmine scent filling my nose gave me a small ray of relief but immediately filled me up with guilt.

"Raven Black, my my what a pleasant surprise?" spoke the elder. He was a medium-built man with short cropped hair, and eyes sharp silver had a wisdom beneath cliché were-textbook knowledge . He was draped in ethnic off-white robe and walked into our room effortlessly. The mysterious guy who had brought us down to the cottage to rest bowed down to him as a form of respect.

"To whom, or what do I owe this pleasure of two alpha's gracing my humble abode?" he smiled. "Elder, we need your help ASAP. Ash- she she has been unconscious since the last two days. We have tried to talk to her, splash water on her face but nothing is working," pleaded Raven. "Oh well, is her mate here?" queried Elder. "Yes, Raven pointed his finger to me". "Oh dear god! Let's try to reach out to her wolf through the mate bond and hopefully that will get back Ash into her senses. Got it, come forward you" he pointed his finger to me, I nodded and moved towards Ash.

"Close your eyes, and give the focus to your wolf. Let him take control and reach out to his mate. The bond should be enough to heal your mate. Concentrate on calling out to her wolf." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. My wolf took the control from me and tried to reach out to Ash' wolf through our mate bond. There was nothing, no response. for further effect I touched her forehead. Tingles erupted down my arms and I refocused. I tried hard to manipulate the mate bond to reach her wolf but to no avail.

"That was odd. Her wolf is not reacting to her mate!". "Um! Elder can I give it a try?" spoke Raven. Anger filled my veins and my wolf attacked Raven before anybody could understand what was happening. I pinned Raven down and punched his face. "Stay, away from Ash—", Raven spoke up in a strangled voice, "Why? Have you done anything credible for her yet? It's because of you she has ended up here in this bad condition" Before I could strangle him further, someone yanked me back. "No teenage drama in my house please", declared Elder in his stern voice, "And, as for Raven May I know why were you volunteering to wake up Ash?". After a brief moment of silence, Raven spoke up, "My wolf has latched onto Ash".

-------------------------------The End---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy! 
How have you all been? The quadrupes finally got to interact with The Elder! and our Ash had a tete-on-tete with the Moon Godess herself.  What do you guys think about it?

Much Love,

Sam