Chapter 16

After everyone had read the article and hugged both Charlie and Alice, they left to give Belle, Charlie and Alice time to bond. Alice had always thought of Belle as a sister, and now it turns out that they were in fact relatives. Granted Alice was Belle's great great great aunt or something like that, but to them they just thought it was cool that Alice had found a familial connection from her past.

"Wow Alice it's amazing. It's so cool that we are distant relatives. It almost seems like it was fate that we met." Belle said still hugging Alice, who was so excited she was bouncing around.

"Does it scare you that a relative that you thought was long dead is forever trapped in a seventeen year old body, Charlie?" Alice said stepping out of Belle's embrace to look at Charlie.

"Well Alice I have to say that it certainly isn't something that I expected to find out, but to tell you the truth, it makes joining the family easier knowing that I am already related to someone." Charlie said.

"Oh Charlie, you're so silly! You would already be related to someone, and that would be Belle." Alice said chuckling. "Did you know my sister well Charlie? I know she was old when you were growing up but you talked about her."

"Great Aunt Cynthia was old but she was a hoot. She died when I was only ten but I can remember her making jokes about everything. She did make sure that she told me about you. She loved you dearly, even though she said that it was hard to go and see you. Your parents didn't approve of her going to "hospital" to see you, but she would sneak out when she went to visit your grandparents. They live just a couple of miles away from the hospital, you see, and they really didn't have the presence of mind to watch her so she would sneak away early in the morning and then return before dinner time. She would sometimes sneak treats into the hospital so that you would have something sweet to eat. She told me that most days you would just stare at the wall or her but there didn't seem to be anybody inside your body. She said that it was more like a shell of a person rather than her sister. Once when she went to see you, there was a noticeable difference in your eyes. It was almost like you knew who she was and that she was there for you and only you. That was right before you were found "dead" by one of the staff. Coincidently that same staff member later went missing, and the only thing found in his quarters was a pile of burning ash. The news report, according to your sister, was that the smoke rising from the ashes was purple and had a very sickeningly sweet smell. Does that mean anything to you Ali?"

"Yes it does. It means that the staff member was a vampire. He must have saved me from that horrible place! It does make sense that my sire never came back now. He must have been working at the hospital and someone caught up with him. It was most likely another vampire, because humans wouldn't know that fire is the only thing that can kill us. Well I know for sure that my sire is dead, but I will forever be grateful that he saved me from such a horrible place. I wonder why he took pity on me and changed me. I guess I'll never know the answer to that question." Alice said with a sigh. She was truly happy that her Sire saved her life, but she wishes that she could thank him for what he had done. It seems like God made sure that she found a bit of her past to make up for it though. "Well enough of the past! Why don't we go and find our Mates and watch some movies until you humans fall asleep." Bella and Charlie laughed at Alice's antics and agreed. No sooner had they all stepped outside, the rest of the family returned.

"We didn't go very far." Emmett said, "We were kind of interested in hear the stories, but wanted to give you guys space. I for one would love to have met your Sire Alice."

"You think you would have liked to have met him?" Jasper asked, "If I could I would bring him back to life so I could shake his hand, no hug him, for bringing my Ali to me. If it weren't for him I may never have found her and would still be the human drinking monster that I used to be."

"Jasper you were never a monster. You just didn't know that there was another way of life. It took Alice to show you that other way of life." Belle said. This surprised everyone, mostly Jasper though. Even though he could feel her emotions and knew she didn't hate or fear him, he still felt guilty that he almost attacked her on her birthday. As if sensing where his thoughts were Belle said, "Jasper you should never feel guilty for what happened on my birthday. I have a theory that I would like to pass by you, and then if you still feel the need to beat yourself up I won't bring it up again."

'Wow this human is truly amazing' Jasper thought to himself. "Okay what is your theory Belle?"

"Well I think that on my birthday you weren't acting from just your bloodlust. I almost think that Edward was projecting, whether consciously or not, his bloodlust on to you. As you know my blood sings to him more than any other. That projection would only make your bloodlust increase tenfold. What do you think?" Belle said.

All the Vampires in the room had completely stood still at the revelation of what Belle just said. "It make total sense to me." Carlisle said. "Edward was so out of control that night and hurt Belle so bad that I never even thought about the bloodlust he was feeling. I thought he was only trying to protect Belle, but when she puts it like that it all makes perfect sense. You weren't to blame Jasper!"

"WOW once again Ass-ward fucked everything up again and tried to lay blame on someone else." Rose said.

Jasper was stunned into total silence as he replayed that night over in his mind. "Belle your right!" He said with a gasp. "I was feeling the bloodlust coming off of "Ass-ward" and everyone else. Sorry everyone but you all were affected by her blood too. Carlisle was the only one who really didn't have any bloodlust, but we all know that he is damn near perfect when it comes to human blood. It was just way too much for me and I suddenly saw red. I wasn't Jasper anymore when that happened; I turned into Maria's killing machine." He growled and spat out the last part.

"Jasper? Is Maria still alive somewhere?" Belle asked. She hated the woman for what she had done to Jasper and wanted to help ease his past.

"Unfortunately she is alive and well. She will send letters to me every now and then but Alice and I have a special burn pit just for those letters. Why do you ask Belle?" Jasper asked.

"Well when I am a newborn you guys said that I'll be stronger than most Vampires, even my Emmett here. So what if we went to pay her a visit? You would have not just one, but two newborns. If dad is willing I would love to tear that woman limb from limb for what she has done to my brother. I hate that you think that you are or were a monster. You may be scar ridden, and feel like you aren't in control most of the time, but I think that it all Maria's doing. IF we can prove to you that she is the monster and not you, I think it would be almost therapeutic for you. What do you think?"

"You think of me as your brother?" Jasper asked so low Belle and Charlie had to strain to hear it.

"Seriously out of all I just said, that is the thing you focus on? Yes you are my brother Jasper, and I am proud of that fact. Who gets to say that they got to hand pick their family? Not many people do, that's who. So will you..." Belle was interrupted by Jasper grabbing her and hugging her. He had tears running down his face and he was sobbing!

"Jasper! Are you okay?" Belle asked worried that she may have upset him somehow.

"I'm better than okay Belle; you called me your brother! You have made my heart so happy, almost as happy as the day that I found my Alice! You are truly a remarkable person human or not. I love you Belle!" Jasper still hadn't released Belle from his hold. "Yes I think it would be a great idea to show Maria who is the true monster. I'm all in, if the rest of the family is in as well."

Everyone one was crying along with Jasper and Bella, but they all agreed that Jasper deserved some closure on his past, and getting rid of Maria seemed like the perfect way to do that. How could one little human bring such a huge change to the lives of so many Vampires. Carlisle was in awe of Belle and wondered if Fate had something special in store for Belle. He could hope that she would be the catalyst for change in all of the Vampire world. Maybe, just maybe the Volturi have met their match. Carlisle silently vowed he would keep an eye on Belle and anything that was around her. He wouldn't bring it up with the family until he knew for sure what Belle was and what she meant to the world as a whole. He thought back three months ago when Esme had brought up the theory that Edward was Belle's protector. If she was right then it meant that he needed to do some more research, because the legends surrounding the ONE were a complete mystery. He knew he needed to talk to Stephan and Vladimir, they knew of the legends better than anyone, and when the Coven that Edward spoke of comes for a visit, they too might be able to help shed light on what and who Belle is.