Chapter 1

Carlisle's POV

If vampires could get headaches, I would have one hell of one. Edward came home after dropping Belle at off and demanded that we all pack up and leave that minute. Alice was the first to react, and I will say her reaction, although scary didn't surprise me.

"What do you think you are doing to Belle and this family?" Alice shrieked. "I refuse to leave a family member behind again, because you are a fucking control freak. I bet you plan on being cruel to Belle, so she will let you go. I'm going to say this now and only once, so you had better listen up Edward Anthony Masen. Belle deserves way better than you, and personally I would be happy to see her with one of the wolf pack over you!" Edward growled knowing that things were not going the way he had planned and that Alice would dare speak to him like that.

Alice seemed to express how everyone in the family, including Rosalie, felt. We knew that this would be abandonment and Belle would be devastated. Before Edward could say anything else I had to speak.

"Alice is right Edward. Belle is part of this family now and we don't leave family behind. If you feel that you need to leave then do so, but the rest of us are going to stay here." I didn't want to lose my oldest and closest companion, but I would no longer allow his controlling nature dictate this family. I was the leader of this group not him, and I am putting my foot down. Edward growled at my inner dialogue. "Stop growling at me Edward! I'm not putting up with your shit anymore. I want you to leave this house and don't come back until you have learned to be less controlling." It tore me up to say it, but it had to be said.

Edward looked at me like I had suddenly sprouted two new heads. "Carlisle, you can't really be serious." Edward said in disbelief. "You have to back me up on this, you have to. A human isn't worth all of this trouble so we are leaving."

I was so stunned, that Edward really thought that about Belle. I opened my mouth to reply, but Rosalie was in Edwards face, absolutely heaving with anger.

"That human, as you say, was brought into this family by you Edward" Rose was poking him hard in the chest, we all could hear fissures appearing on his chest. "YOU, chose to bring her into our lives, knowing what damnation it meant for her. You do NOT get to choose on your own what is best for Belle. Belle knows what's best for Belle, not you. I have watched on the side while you have beaten that poor girl's emotions into the ground just for your own sick games. NO MORE! I know what it feels like to be betrayed by the one you love the most, and I refuse to let Belle go through that alone. You are the world's biggest ass Edward. If you choose to leave tonight, I will no longer consider you a brother of mine." Rose finished, and bolted from the house towards the forest.

Esme rose to stop her, but I placed a gentle hand on her arm to stop her. "Let her go. Rose just needs to cool off. She'll come back when she is ready." Esme nodded sadly.

Edward seemed to think that because he was no longer in the spotlight, he was in the clear. I intended to correct that Jack-ass assumption.

"Edward, Rose is right. It was your choice to bring Belle into our family. Now, it is no longer your choice alone. If you do leave, do it without seeing or speaking to Belle again. I will not allow you to hurt her any more than she is going to be. I will know if you did, and I promise there will be consequences. One of us will explain to her what is going on." I said with an air of finality, which left no room to argue. "Edward, you are my son and best friend, but I can't let you hurt anybody else. I can't live with myself if it happens again. You know what I am talking about. When you feel that you have gained control over yourself, then you may join us again. You are going to have to earn my trust again, for you have lost it tonight."

The hurt at my words were evident in his eyes, but I couldn't bring myself to care. He nodded his head and said good bye. He dashed out to his Volvo and took off. I don't know where he was headed, but I knew that we would hear from him in time. I just hoped that he would come home soon. It was very painful to be away from your mate for any period of time. I didn't want either Belle or Edward in any kind of pain, but it is inevitable now.