Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back

TW: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH ⚠️

"A little help here! I can't hold this one for much longer!" said Joan as she dodged a tackle from the monster shaped like a spiky ball.

"We would but we're kind of in the same predicament here!" shouted Benson, narrowly avoiding the swinging arm of the cyclops.

Beal wasn't faring much better, having to hold off a giant floating hand who was trying to grab him and crush him. He's tried attacking its fingers but he just got flicked off as a result. If it couldn't get any worse, the rabid dog monster was running towards them fast.

"Everyone! Prepare to dodge!" he warned.

But then another figure fell down from a building and stomped the monster on its head, stopping it in its tracks.

"Glad you could join the party! But I wish you would've gotten here earlier!" greeted Benson as he got smacked by the cyclops. "I'm alright!"

"You better be! Three ghosts could barely even take down one monster! Let alone five! We have to hold them back until the sun rises!" said Joan, shooting the spiky ball with her cane but it had no effect on the monster.

"I don't think we can do that without several mortals dying!" said River in concern, blocking the attacks that came from the cyclops.

"Several is better than many! We just have to wait it out!" responded Beal, successfully hitting the hand's pointer finger with his baton.

"Where's Hayden and Sean!?" asked River as she dodged an attack from both the cyclops and rabid dog.

"Sean is blessing the area so that the monsters can't get the mortals! Hayden is trying to get Aria from the cemetery!" answered Joan, trying to do damage to the spiky ball with her cane to no avail.

"When Aria gets here, we'll actually stand a fighting chance!" said Benson as he threw his fedora like a frisbee, hitting both the blob and cyclops.

The quarter continued fighting the monsters with a lot of struggle. Though some of them weren't as troublesome to fight like the cyclops and rabid dog, monsters like the spiky ball and hand needed an entire team in order to beat them. Add on the fact that they were outnumbered and you've got yourself a recipe destined for failure.

"I wanna learn how to fight monsters like that!" said Gene in her head as she landed a kick on the cyclops.

"Maybe we'll teach you once all this is over!" thought River, dodging the bullets Joan was firing.

Maniacal laughter rang through the chaos which caused River to look around, finally spotting the source from on top a building. It was a dark spirit who held scissors on their right hand and possessed a smile as crazy as the laughter that came from them. Right next to them was none other than Eugene, watching the chaos from below unfold.

"That's not how I expected my other half to look like." said Gene.

"GIVE UP! YOU HAVE NO CHANCE IN DEFEATING US! WE'LL GET OUR REVENGE ON THIS WORLD WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! IF YOU DON'T QUIT NOW, WE'LL BE FORCED TO DO THIS THE HARD WAY!" the dark spirit yelled out.

"Fuck, not again. I'm not dealing with that asshole again." said Benson through gritted teeth as he jumped over the rabid dog and landed on the giant hand, getting kicked off right after.

"That spirit is making a big mistake thinking they can just threaten me! Back in my day, there was an unwritten rule about messing around and finding out the hard way not to! This kid needs some disciplining!" said Joan angrily, getting scratched by one of the spikes of the ball monster in the process.