Existing Is A Blessing

******** ** * ********

Where... where were they...? What... what happened? What's the last thing they remember?

Charlie, monsters, fighting, black arms, satisfaction? From where? Why did they feel satisfied about something? What was it? Why did their head hurt so much?

They wanted to curl up somewhere comfortable and lie down, but their eyes didn't want to open themselves. It hurt trying to move them, their limbs felt extremely sluggish, the floor below them was cold. Why was everything hurting so much? What did they do to deserve this? Make it stop. Make it stop!

"IT WILL NEVER STOP." a raspy high-pitched voice said.

Eugene forced their eyes to open to look for where the voice came from. They were in the middle of a dark... something. Their figure was only being lit up by a spotlight that was surrounding them amidst the pitch black of everything else They could see that their body still held the same features as the last time they checked, full of dark spots..

For some reason, the voice sounded... familiar. Like it's always been a part of them but at the same time, they've never noticed it before. They don't know if it's an enemy or friend, though they'd bet it's probably the former. Its menacing voice evoked so much fear within them already in just four words.

"Who... Who are you? S-show yourself!" demanded Eugene, trying not to show their fear. The voice merely laughed, not at all fazed by the vulnerable ghost.

"SILLY ME, I FORGOT YOU WERE JUST A HALF SO YOU DON'T REMEMBER ME. WELL THEN, I'LL INTRODUCE MYSELF." the voice said.

"A-A half? What? I d-don't get what you... mean." they said, extremely confused.

At first, Eugene didn't see anything new. They were still on the floor surrounded by darkness. But then, after looking around for a minute or so, they could see something within the darkness. Two wide white eyes that had no irises, and a sick smile with teeth that looked to be partly covered up by some liquid. It got closer into the spotlight and Eugene gasped as they saw what they looked like.

They were looking at themselves but... they looked incredibly evil. They look like they could count as one of the monsters Charlie brought with them to... to... get revenge? The details were still coming back to them. The most noticeable difference between them aside from the teeth was their lack of any visible clothing. Sure, they couldn't see any of their private parts but their hoodie and shorts were missing from its appearance.

"You... you... wha- Huh? But- How? I-" they couldn't speak coherently due to the shock.

"I'M YOU. AT LEAST, A PART OF YOU. A PART OF YOU THAT YOU CAN NEVER GET RID OF. AND I WAS FINALLY GOING TO BE FREE FROM YOU! I COULD'VE HURT ANYONE I WANTED! ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE WRONGED ME COULD'VE BEEN DISCIPLINED... BUT OF COURSE, YOU WERE TOO WEAK TO DO IT ON TIME AND NOW WE'RE HERE!" it said, looking at them with fury.

"What? So... you're like m-my other half?" asked Eugene, trying to wrap their head around what was currently happening.

"I USED TO BE... BUT THEN YOUR CORE SOUL GOT SPLIT IN HALF. LUCKILY FOR ME, I REMAINED WHOLE AND GOT STUCK WITH THE HALF OF EUGENE THAT WAS OUT IN THE WORLD." it explained as it got closer. "IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER BREAKING YOU DOWN SINCE YOU'RE SO MUCH WEAKER. YOU CARRY ALL THE PAIN EUGENE HAS WITHOUT ANY CONTEXT ABOUT IT! IT WAS FANTASTIC... WHAT A SHAME I WAS THWARTED BEFORE I COULD WREAK TRUE HAVOC."

"Why are you here? W-what do you want from... from me?" they asked, backing away from it.

"I WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU. THAT I AM NEVER GOING AWAY. I'LL BE WAITING FOR THE DAY YOU SNAP AND I CAN TAKE OVER ONCE MORE." it chuckled menacingly at their face, which was now mere inches away.