9

Graduation day.
Todays the day I finally become a full adult in society.
Still not knowing what to do with my life or even if college was in the picture.

I was accepted to a college in California, which is far away from home. I think I needed a fresh start.

I get to the stadium where we are graduating. Angel calls for my name.
"What are you doing here?"
"Seeing you graduate of course! I saw you got into-"
"I don't know if I'm going."
"Jenny... Get away from this hell hole! Theres nothing holding you back! Please go for me!" Angel said.
This was the first time she was caring towards me.
"What about you?"
"Alec and I officially broke up and he moved. I taking a fresh start for my junior year. You should start a new life."
All I did was smile and walk over to my seat.
There was something holding me back well someone... I look around the room and spot Ashton. Staring at me and sitting next to a stunning woman with a rock on her left ring finger. I smiled big at him.

The names called then it was finally my name. "Jennifer Avery Grant."
Everyone cheered and clapped.

After that was graduation speeches. I was one of the speakers.
"Hello everyone. Well class of 2015 our life officially starts today. Most of us don't know what we are doing with our lives or what the hell will happen next week." The crowd laughed.
"But one thing I have learned is...." I looked over at Ashton. "If you love something you chase that dream! You never let it go. Even if you think it's crazy. If you put your mind to it you will achieve it, no matter how big or how small. Follow it. Thank you." I sat back down to my seat.

"Congratulations class of 2015."
Everyone threw their caps in the air.
I found Angel and she hugged me and told me that was a great speech.
Then I saw Ashton.
"Umm Angel meet me in the car."
I walked up to him.
"So you asked her to marry her..." I said.
"Ya. She said yes."
"You happy?"
"Hopefully in the future.... I heard you got accepted to Stanford! Jenny thats great." Ashton said.
"Ya but I'm not going."
"What you have to!"
"Why?"
"Because you are the smartest person I know!" He told me.
"Ashton... I realized that I-"
"Jenny don't say it. Start your new life please for the sake of us." He begged.

I hugged him tightly.
"I love you, Jenny you'll always be with me." He whispers in my ear.
I hold the tears back.
We released the hug.
"I better go... I hope I see you one day with a mini Ashton." I smiled.
He giggled a bit.
"Bye Jenny."
"Bye Ashton."

*7 years later*
"Jenny you have one more year till you graduate Stanford." He chimes.
I smile. "I know and I still don't know what the hell I'm doing with my life on 5 years from now." I said.
"Well at least I know I'll be dead in 5 years." He says trying to joke.
I went silent.

"Don't fucking say that Luke." I said choking the tears.
"Jenny we have to face the facts. My cancers getting worse I'm gonna be dying one of these days.
"I've only have had you in my life for 6 YEAR'S YOU AREN'T LEAVING ME!" I Screamed.
"We have so much funds to help you! I'm trying my best for your -" I start blabbing.
"Jenny let's stop talking about it." Luke said.
"You're the one who brought it up and joked about it!" I said getting up out of our bedroom and going to the balcony."

A few minutes later Luke stumbles in sitting next to me.
"It's not fair." I said wiping a tear from my cheek.
"It's alright. Life pretty good for us." Luke said.
I rolled my eyes.
"NO I'M SERIOUS! Look I graduated college 2 years ago then just a year ago I got cancer! Just imagine if I got cancer during college? I won't be much of a babe magnet and you would of never talked to me." Luke explained.
"Oh shut up! Yes I would of. You are still you."
"SEE! I'm still me but just a bald giant man baby." I tried not to laugh at his comment.
"You hungry!" I asked.
"ALWAYS!" He said.
"You want me to get those gyro's and a greek pizza at Greekian?" I asked.
"Ya. While you do that I'll take a nap." Luke said
"Ok I'll be back in a flash." I said kissing him goodbye.

Greekian was walking distance so I had time to think for myself.
After moving here Peter stopped talking to me and then I bumped into Luke on the Stanford campus. It was weird. The use to be known bad boy getting an education.
Peter wasn't happy how Luke always got the girl aka me aka the girl he loved since the 3rd grade.
So Peter never calls Luke to see if he is ok.
When walking in Tommy yelled out my name.
"Hi Tommy!"
"How is Lucas?"
"He's hangin in there."
"Good. Good. The usual?"
"Of course! Thanks Tommy."

When walking with a box of pizza and four gyro's a familiar voice said
"Let me get the door for you."
I look over and see Ashton.
"Jenny?"
"Ashton?"
-------
Hoped you liked this chapter. I will get in more depth with Luke and California stuff the next chapter!

This one was one of my favorites to write!