11

"Raspberry." I whisper to myself as I try to remember with pills Luke should take.
"What?" Luke giggled.
"RRWB. Raspberry Really Wants Blueberry. For your pills, so I remember." I explained
"You have an odd brain Grant." Luke chuckles.
"You haven't called me Grant in years, Hemmings." I said leaning down to kiss him.

Luke was getting sicker and sicker by the minute. He had stage 3 cancer Liver Cancer. He's had cancer for about a year. I researched how long most of liver cancer patients live it was one year and a half to two years.
Chemo was helping very little. He was in so much pain through the chemo. He would doubt and ask if its even worth it. I always fought with him about it.
I would pay billions of dollars to know he was going to live even if it was a billion dollars in debt.
After Luke's parents died in a car accident 12 years ago it's hard because he never thought he'd get cancer. All the extra money that was given was for debt because of college.

"Babe." Luke said walking into the kitchen.
"Yeah?"
"We should go for a walk sometime." He said.
"That sounds good." I said.

I never doubted if he was too weak. He'd end up winning the fight anyway.

We started walking out towards a little park.
"You ready for graduation next week." Luke said having his arm wrapped around me.
"YES!" I said excitingly. "Now I can just focus on us and our future together." I added.
Luke nodded. He always doubted him living a happy long life after cancer.

Suddenly Luke started shaking and grabbed it stomach and fell to the ground.
"OH MY GOD LUKE!" I said running to his side dialing 911.
"Yes. Umm my boyfriend fell and he has liver cancer and he's shaking!" I said panicking.
The woman said she'd have a ambulance come out immediately.

"Luke! Baby it's going to be okay!" I whisper trying to calm him down.

A couple people start looking over to see whats happening and what to do to help.
Then I saw Ashton in the crowd. He walks towards me.
"What happened?"
"I don't....know he....just..."
Then the paramedics came and got Luke in the van.
Ashton drove me to the hospital.

I run into the hospital asking the nurse where Luke Hemmings was staying.

"Ma'am he is in not a good state right now but I will tell you when he is. Are you a family member?"
"No girlfriend. I'm all he has! Please let me see him!" I begged.

I sat in the waiting room for an hour waiting to see if Luke was ok.
Ashton sat across the room from me not saying a word.

"Luke Hemming?" A nurse called.
I jolt up. "Yes! Is he alright! What was right with him?" I asked.

"A minor seizure Miss. He will be alright. I think that walk took the best of him be careful next time. He's in room 243."

I run to his room.
"Luke?" I said.
"Oh hey babe. Check out these sick tubes." He jokes trying to lighten the mood.
"Luke I could of lost you!" I said tearing up.
"But ya didn't this time." He smiles.
"THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME I PROMISE." I said crying on his chest.
"Aww babe it's going to be okay." Luke said rubbing my back.
"I hope so." I said sniffling.
"Now go home and get some rest for me please!" Luke demanded.

I ask Ashton for a ride and he said yes.
"So is that your boyfriend?" He asked.
"Yeah. His name is Luke."
"Where'd ya meet him?"
"Well he's Peters older brother but we connected at Stanford." I said.
"Really? No kidding." Ashton said.
"How's like back home." I asked.
"Alright." He said.

It was silent.
"What does he have?" Ashton asked.
"Liver cancer stage three." I said.
"My son had lung cancer." Ashton said.
"You have a son!?" I said.
"I had one." Ashton mumbled.
"Ohh I'm so sorry.." I said.
"Cancer sucks." Ashton says.
"Well if you need anyone to talk to-"
"Jenny.. I'm fine. I should be the one telling you that." Ashton interrupted.

He got to my place. We said our goodbyes and all I could think about was a baby Ashton having cancer.