3

I was shocked seeing Mr.Irwin this late at night.

"Ashton." He said.

I look at him with confusion.

"What?"

"Call me Ashton outside of class it's weird with you saying it in public."

Ashton... Ashton Irwin.

I nod.

"Jenny what are you doing walking around town at 12:30 in the morning?" He asked.

"My sister walked out of the house so I'm finding her... Well she usually comes back home, it was just an excuse to get out of that hell hole." I realized I cussed it front of my teacher and quickly apologized.

He laughed. "It's alright Jenny."

All I could do was blush.

"Why are you out?" I asked.

"Well I'm new around town and I just wanted to see what's around. I couldn't sleep so a quick walk usually helps."

I nod.

"Well I'm gonna find my sister if she's still around." I said.

"How about I walk around with you until you find her...I...I don't like you walking all by yourself around this time." He explained.

I didn't argue. I've walked by myself around this town since I was 8, but it was nice for company... Well his company.

We walked near the local bar and I saw Alec.

"Wait right here I'm going to head in and talk my sisters boyfriend." I said.

Ashton grabbed my arm.

"Jenny you're under age? You can't just walk in there!" He said.

"Yeah I can? Anyway I'm not going to take shots of vodka or anything. I'm going to ask Alec where my sister is."

"I'll do it."

"He doesn't know you and then he will think she's cheating on him and all that shit." I told Ashton.

I jerked off his grip and go in to talk to Alec. I felt Ashton right behind me.

"Where's my sister?" I asked Alec.

"How am I suppose to know where the bitch is?" Alec slurred.

"Well if you see her tell her to come home!" I told him.

"Look slut why do I have to be the fucking messenger!" He screams at me.

"Hey! That's not away to talk to a lady!" Ashton says getting me behind me.

Alec wobbles up.

"Who the hell cares how I talk to the SLLL-UUTT!" Alec said saying slut loud and clear.

Ashton's face was tense.

"If you see her sister just fucking tell her to go home!" Ashton demanded and dragged me out of the bar.

We walked down a few blocks in silence.

"You didn't have to do that? I'm use to that-" I start out.

"Jenny." He stopped walking and looked straight into my eyes.

"I never want you to go into a fucking bar underage...EVEN if it's just to talk to someone and I never want you to say you are use to being treated that way!" I knew he meant it in a protecting way but it was a stern voice.

I nod.

"We're you going to punch him?" I asked kinda joking.

"I wanted to, but that's been bad impression for being new around here, but should of anyway.." He said rethinking what happened.

"At least he wasn't as angry as usual. He's an angry drunk. You must've scared him." I said trying to make him feel better.

"You're telling me you've done this multiple times?"

"Ashton it's just how I live...I- this town is different from where you were from. It's my lifestyle, I'm use to it." I heard Ashton sigh as I say what he told me to never say again.

" I may not like it but how else am I going to protect my family. I'm responsible for my sisters and brother." I told him.

"Where's your dad he should be the one thinking of these things?" He snapped.

"He...he left after my sister was born." I said.

He grew soft again. His hazel eyes grew sad and were going a bit grey.

"I'm so sorry Jenny... I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine it's whatever... I didn't really know him so it doesn't affect me."

"Well if it makes you feel any better....I didn't have a father when I was growing up either." He told me.

I gave a small smile.

I look up and saw my car parked near the park.

I run over to the park to see if my sister was there.

Ashton ran right behind me and there was my sister drunk as can be.

"Fuck." I said under my breath.

"Angel what the hell did you do?" I said picking her up from the ground.

"Is she okay?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah this is normal don't worry. Just help me get her to the car."

We got Angel in the backseat.

I stupidly asked. "Do you need a ride?"

For a split second I thought he'd say yes, but he declined.

"Jenny." Ashton said before I get in the car.

"If you need anything like any help I'm here. If you're having troubling times."

"Thanks but that won't be necessary." I said.

"Oh and Jenny." He said walking a little closer to me.

"I'm-"

"Your teacher.. I know Mr.Irwin. Don't worry" I said cutting him off. "I understand. Goodnight Mr.Irwin. See ya in a couple of hours." I told him getting into the car.

"Goodnight Jenny." Ashton said and walked into the darkness.