Chapter 32

*Ana's POV*

We all relaxed more now that Hershel's in a stable condition. I didn't even notice how exhausted I was till Maggie brought me a chair from the kitchen area.I slumped down in the chair feeling all of my muscles loosen from the scare, I took a breath and Carl ran over to me,"Are you okay?"Carl asked.
I nodded, "What happened in here?" Rick said walking in and looking at our faces which ranged from confused to relieved.
"Hershel stopped breathing, Ana saved him," Carl said. Rick looked at me with an eyebrow raised.
"It's true,"Glenn spoke up. I almost forgot he was in the room he was sitting quietly on a chair at the end of Hershel's bed.
"Stop, I couldn't let him die and his will to live is his own doing; you stopped the infection in time he still doesn't have a fever or any other signs of turning," I said giving Rick a cheerful smile I was confident that Hershel will be okay.
From my peripheral vision I saw Hershel open his mouth and I switched positions with Maggie so she could be by her father's side with Beth. I stood by Rick and we watched in anticipation as Hershel woke up.
Beth and Maggie smiled wide and gasped,"Daddy?!" Beth was crying tears of joy.
Rick was grinning while he uncuffed Hershel seeing as he was not a walker and Hershel gripped his hand in appreciation. I see Carl grinning and threw an arm around his shoulders. Then Lori comes into the cell and clears her throat loudly to get Ricks attention. Rick sighs and replaces Beth's hand to hold Hershel's. Lori walks past me and I give her a glare for intrupting the happy moment. She just huffs and strides out leaving Rick to trail behind her. I turn my attention back to Hershel,"I see that my saviours are having problems while I was out,"Hershel says in a dry laugh.
"Don't you worry about us old man you gave me quiet a scare," I said.
"I'm just trying to get all the drama I missed out on while I was out, this is my only entertainment," Hershel jokes.
We all laughed,"Well we definitely needed your guidance; I almost though I was going to get stuck in the middle of a wild animal fight between Ana and Lori, im telling you I was scared for my life,"Glenn said laughing swatting my playful hits on his arm.
"Don't you break my boyfriend," Maggie laughed wiping some joyful tears.
"Not even just a little?" I said joking before standing beside Hershel's bedside."And you need to get some rest old man don't over do yourself with all this fun," I said patting Hershel's uninjured leg. "Carl its bedtime for you," I said ushering him out of the cell.
Carl groaned,"Do I have too Hershel just woke up".
"Yes he needs some more rest so he can be up and on his crutches,now come on I'll tuck you into bed," I said putting an arm around his shoulders and walking to his cell.
Once he was settled in I pulled the covers to his chin and gave him a kiss on his forehead,"Wait Ana...I love you, "Carl said as I was walking away.
" I love you too goodnight Carl,"I smiled and walked out of the cell.
I was heading to my cell when I bumped into something hard bouncing back from the force but before I hit the floor arms wrapped around me, pulling me into the persons chest. I heard a familiar chuckle,"I was just looking for you,I have a surprise for you" Daryl said holding me close.
I turned around and kissed him sweetly,"What's this surprise of yours Dixon?"I asked putting my arms around his neck while his were still on my waist.
"Not here I'll have to show you," Daryl said then he suddenly threw me over his shoulder.
"Daryl! Let me down!" I laughed protesting weakly.
"Not going to do princess I'm never letting you go," Daryl (I could tell) was smirking victoriously.
"At least tell me where were going," I said as Daryl was striding somewhere.
"Nope that will ruin the surprise," Daryl said and I huffed.
I got a mischeivious idea that might make him drop me, since it was in my line of view I reached out and squeezed his ass real quickly,"What do you think your doing?"Daryl said looking down and smirking at me.
I gave him an innocent smile,"I don't know what your talking about".
"Umhm" Daryl said and kept on walking. I groaned at my failed attempt til I felt a slap on my bum.
I squeaked in surprise,"Daryl!"
"What?" He said acting like he didn't do anything.
"Someone could have saw that," I pouted.
"So? We won't have that problem anymore," Daryl said putting me down on my feet.
"What do you mean?" I turned to see we were in front of the right watch tower. He mentioned me to go up the ladder inside so I did opening the hatch to see all of our stuff with the cell mattress and blankets.
"I didn't like sleeping behind bars and this is much more open...also we get some alone time,"Daryl said nipping at my neck.
"I think I like this surprise," I purred before giving into our desire for the rest of the night. (I'm sorry I just can't write lemons, I have people that know me on here; so I'm sorry but you can imagine what you like but its too awkward for me