Chapter 34

After a while I was able to stop crying and get up. I rocked the baby in my arms while Daryl tried to get Rick up."Where are T-dog and Carol?" I asked Daryl quietly.
I heard him sigh and ,"T-dog and Carol are gone,"he said sadly and I just looked down with a sad look on my face I had no more tears to cry but my heart felt heavy.
"Can I have a look at her?" Hershel says and I gently place her in his arms. "She's healthy but she needs formula or she won't survive for long".
" No.No way.Not her. We ain't losing anyone else. I'm going on a run," Daryl said and I took a step to join him but he stopped me."I need you to stay here and take care of the baby, okay?" Daryl said looking me in the eyes and put his hands on my shoulders reassuring me.
"I don't want to be separated not after this, we lost enough today, I need you to come back to me," I said.
Daryl kissed my forehead, "I will baby girl, but we have to get that formula".
I sighed," I know just be careful okay,"I pecked him on the lips and took the baby back into my arms from Hershel.
"I'll back you up," Glenn said and Maggie spoke up,"I'll go too".
All three of them took off towards the cars and I turned to Rick but he was already gone into the prison doing who knows what.
Glenn ran back to us,"Their taking Daryl's bike I'm going to dig some the graves,"Glenn said to us and ran off with Axel and Oscar trailing a few feet behind him.
"C'mon kids let's go back inside the cell block, Hershel you coming?" I said walking towards the cell block.
"No I'm going to talk to Glenn about Rick see if he could talk some sense into him," Hershel said and I nodded. I hoped that Rick was okay he didn't seem to take this so well.
I sat at the picnic table outside the cell with Beth and Carl trying to hush her cries but I knew that it was no use she's hungry.
We waited and a few hours later we heard the distance rumbling of Daryl's bike and I let out a sigh in relief, smiling down at the baby,"Hey hey Daryl's here he going to get your food don't you worry," I said.
I stood up, Daryl and Maggie come in with a bottle ready in hand. Daryl took the bottle from Maggie and held out his hands for the baby. I smiled and placed her carefully in his arms, then stood next to Carl with my arm around his shoulders. Daryl put the bottle in her mouth and rocked her,she instantly calmed down. "She got a name yet?" Daryl asked Carl.
"Not yet. But I was thinking maybe Sophia. Then there's Carol,too. And...Andrea, Amy, Jacqui,Patricia, or Lori," Carl said with a sad sigh and I rubbed his shoulder comforting.
"You like that huh? Lil' Ass Kicker. That's a good name, right?" Daryl smiled at me and we all chuckled."Lil ass-kicker, you like that? Huh, sweetheart," I went over wrapping my arms around his waist and peered over his shoulder at the baby who fell asleep.
"We've all had a very long day let's get some rest," Hershel said taking place as temporary leader. We all nodded and pulled Daryl to our cell.
"We'll let her sleep with us in the cell tonight so we can find a crib for her soon," I said taking her gently making sure not to wake her up. Daryl and I laid down with the baby in-between us.
"Goodnight Lil' ass-kicker," Daryl said before looking at me,"I love you".
I smiled at him,"I love you too,"I said before we both fell asleep.
A few hours later I was awoken by a cry. Judith was up, luckly I knew that babies usually woke up to get fed, so I dragged myself up and picked her up. I gave her a bottle that I had premade before and rocked her while feeding her. after she was done with the bottle she still was fussy so I sang her a lullaby (kind of).
Hey Jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember, to let her into your heart.
Then you can start, to make it better.
Hey Jude, Don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute, you let her under your skin.
Then you'll begin.
To make it better.
And any time you feel the pain.
Hey Jude, refrain.
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it's a fool.
Who plays it cool.
By making his world, a little colder.
Hey Jude,Don't let me down.
You have found he.
Go out and get her.
Remember, to let her into your heart.
Then you can start, to make it better.
Daryl seemed to finally wake up as the baby fell asleep and pulled me on his lap. "Oh Daryl what are we going to do it seems like everything's slowly falling apart. Lori's dead, Rick's is somewhere else physically and mentally; Here I am with the baby too take care of and I don't even know how to be a mother,I gave my baby away without even trying to work things out" I said sadly burying my head into his neck while he stroked my hair.
"Shh it's okay, you are so good with children you'd make an great mother just like you are with Carl. We'll make it through this, all of us together can make this prison our home," Daryl said soothingly.
"Thank you, what would I do without you?"I sighed then yawned showing how tired I was.
"I don't know,now get some sleep baby girl I'm sure we'll have alot to do tomorrow,"Daryl says and I mumble in agreement. He lays down and I settle my head on his bicep as he wraps his arms around me.

~~~~~Sorry this was kinda short but the next one will be longer and more exciting. Thank you for the support and commentary, plz continue to vote/comment. Super sad that I'm only 6 hours away from Comic Con and I'm not there so far away from my dream boys.I love you all and see ya soon ~~~~~