Chapter 1 - Was it all a Nightmare?

A/N:  Takes place starting in September 1988.  The Party except for Will is in 11th grade due to the gates opening at the end of March 1986 and the school shut down until December 1986The Party all had to repeat their previous grade.  Will finished 9th grade in Lenora then moved back to Hawkins while El stayed in Hawkins with Hopper.

El and Mike broke up in November 1987 and Will and Mike are dating from January 1988 to present.  Max was in her coma and Vecna still had the town split open and half the residents fled.  Lucas and Dustin still live in Hawkins and attend school with El, Mike and Will.

PART 1

"We are supposed to be studying Mikeeee."  Will blushed as Mike's mouth and teeth were running over Will's LH ear.  "We are studying baby.  I am studying your anatomy."  Mike ran his tongue over an area he sucked on under Will's ear while his hands roamed under Will's shirt on his chest and back.  Mike's hands burned with a feeling of nerves and soft electricity as his hands felt over the soft skin and tight muscles of Will.  Will enjoyed how Mike took care of him in all aspects so he wasn't mad, he was enjoying this moment as his skin felt heat, buzzing and was on the edge of a ticklish sensation.  They sat in Will's room listening to a mix tape Jonathan made for Will, the song Close to Me playing on the boombox while the door was open 3 inches.

"Mike"  "Yeah"  "I'm kind of nervous for Friday night.  I don't think I am ready."  Will's stomach feels heavy with worry about taking their relationship to the next level.  Will is nervous about Mike and what he might do or say to him that night.

"Don't be.  I have you baby, you don't have to worry about anything.  We love each other so just trust me.  I only want to make you feel good.  Mom and Dad and Holly are gone this weekend so it will just be us.  We have all weekend to get to know each other better so no pressure."  Mike made Will feel better.  Will was so happy he finally had the person of his dreams.  He felt like he found his person for the rest of his life. Mike also felt grateful to get Will, his Will and nobody else's.  Nobody deserves Will, Mike thought, except Mike because he appreciates him.  After a couple of minutes of Mike loving Will, the boys went back to studying because Mike was having trouble with Trigonometry.

*********

Across the hall was El's room.  She was in her room reading a comic she was into called Green Valley High which was about a girl and her boyfriend and friends in high school.  The girl (Alexandria) was queen of the high school while her friends were popular and well liked.  She wanted to be Alexandria and have a boyfriend like Josh who was also in the comic and Alexandra's  boyfriend.  When El thought about it, the only person in school El wanted as her boyfriend was Mike.  He is the only one who understands her and he also has attributes no other boy has that makes for a good life partner.  The other boys are mouthbreathers or just after sex and aren't worthy of her love.  Last year El broke up with Mike because she thought she needed to be independent but that was a huge mistake.  He wasn't mad or upset she dumped him and she didn't realize at the time he was already in love with someone else.  That someone was her stepbrother Will.  Will was kind and loving and selfless which is why Mike scooped him up.  Also they were friends since kindergarten so they had a strong bond.

El at first supported their relationship but after some time realized she was jealous of Will.  They both loved the same guy and she can't fault Will for picking Mike because he was the best.  When she got feelings for Mike again, her family and friends supported Mike and Will's relationship.  With the way Mike looks at Will and their bond ever growing, she has no chance of ever getting him back again.  She would come off as a homewrecker if she ever made a move to break them apart or throw herself at Mike.  Mike and Will seem genuinely happy with each other and look like they are together for the long haul.  Now all she can do is be miserable and pine for what she had.  El thought her saving them with the Upside Down stuff should give her dibs on Mike but Mike chose Will when given the chance.  Will and Mike look so happy with each other, moreso than she was with Mike.  She wishes Will goes to college and picks another man to date so she can have senior year with Mike.  Now she isn't so sure they will ever break up.