Chapter 7 - You can Never go Home Again

Jane was in her room crying. It was 5 hours ago that Mike broke up with her and she couldn't process that it was over between them. After answering Mike's questions and telling him about getting rid of Will, Mike decided he didn't want to date Jane anymore. She thought Mike would be angry but wouldn't break up with her, especially since they were getting closer to each other. Now she lost Mike and for what. She now has no brother, boyfriend or her powers. She lost it all for a few months of being happy. Now her friends will look at her like she is a bad person and Joyce will be angry with her if she finds out about Will.

Jane wishes she could go back and not change the timeline. The only good thing to come out of this was getting rid of Henry by severing the link between him and Will. With the Upside Down not a threat anymore she can breathe a little easier knowing that she won't die in battle with Henry. She can't believe Will survived when 002 said he wouldn't exist. Will Will ever forgive her if they see each other again.

●●●●●●●

Ethan and Will took the first flight to Chicago they could get. By the time they flew, rented a car and ate they arrived in the neighboring town of Jackson at just after 10 pm local time. Ethan and Will shared a room with double beds in it. Ethan called Owens from Hawkins National Laboratory and tomorrow morning they are going to Jim and Joyce Hopper's house. The Preservation Society is monitoring the timeline and will decide along with Owens what should or shouldn't be fixed. Will is nervous about seeing his family again and wonders if he will see Zoran and his friends again.

~~~~~~~~~

It was 6:30 am when Jim awoke to pounding on his house door. The chief stumbled out of bed with his bathrobe on and went to answer the door. When the Chief opened the door (Hopper was police chief in this timeline) he saw Dr. Owens with 2 suited men in sunglasses, probably FBI, with Dr. Owens. "Chief Hopper, can we come in, we have alot to discuss." Dr. Owens kind of smiled at Hopper as he came into the house. Hopper remembers him from Jane's adoption in '79 and the mess in '83 at the Lab. He was a decent man as far as government directors go.

"What are you fellows doing here at my house so early on Christmas Eve? Did something go wrong at the lab?" Owens looked around at the pictures on the wall while Jim felt a dread rising up into his throat.

"Is your wife Joyce home now?" Jim felt bile starting its long climb out of his throat but he swallowed it down. "Yes she is, also my son and daughter are here also." "Good, they can't leave the house today, you will find out why in a short time." Jim felt the cold arms of dread hug him "did we do something wrong since we are on house arrest?" Owens smiled at Jim "no, actually Joyce will be very interested in what we have to say. How is Jane doing by the way?" Hopper told Owens about Jane and family life. "Jim, we also need a Michael Wheeler to come here today. I will send Simmons to go get him." Why does Owens need his daughters ex-boyfriend? "No, it would be better if I go pick him up, I'll go right now." Jim was going to change into his clothes when Joyce came into the kitchen. "Who are you and what is going on Hop?" "Mrs. Hopper, I am Sam Owens, director of Hawkins National Laboratory, and you might want to sit down for what I am about to tell you." Hopper sat down with Joyce while Owens filled Joyce in on the reason they were there. Hopper will pick up Mike in a bit.

'''''''

"What if my Mom and family are way different from who they used to be, do I have to live with them now?" Will was afraid of being trapped in a strange situation where he is hated and forced to live with versions of his family that don't accept or like him. "No Will. Don't worry, I'll make sure you can go back to the Osiases if you don't feel comfortable. I'm not heartless you know." Will and Ethan were 15 minutes away from the Hoppers.