3;

The first time I invited Esther over.

Esther and I had been friends for around five months now. We speak everyday and usually hang out at the weekends.

My friends slowly stopped speaking to me, I found spending time with Esther was a lot more interesting than my friends who only cared about girls and football.

For my 14th birthday myself and Esther went out for food then to the cinema, I couldn't help but imagine what it would have been like for us to actually be on a date, but I couldn't ever ask her.

Esther has made it quite clear to me that we are just friends, and for me that's okay. Having a crush on her isn't that big of a deal, it's only a crush. One I'll get over.

Today I invited Esther over to my house, it's a Friday night and usually she's in the library until 6 whilst I play football but tonight I decided different.

When she arrived she looked as if she was in awe.

"Your house is amazing,"

I shrug. To me it was just my house, I wouldn't say it was tiny, nor was it a mansion.

"So I thought we could make pizzas and chill?"

She nods. "I've finished all my homework, it feels really good."

I smile taking her coat as she slips off her shoes. "I've nearly finished mine."

She laughs. "Which means you haven't,"

I gasp as if I'm offended but I couldn't really argue. Out of the seven pieces of homework, I've completed one, but hey - that's what Sundays are for. "I am offended Esther,"

"You're not because you know I'm right,"

It's scary how well she knows me already.

We prepare the pizzas before placing them in the oven, I tell Esther to choose something to watch while I make drinks.

When our pizzas were ready we sat watching tv whilst eating, Esther would eat a slice and leave the crusts which made me smile, I don't why but it did. It was such an Esther thing to do.

"Hello," My mum smiles walking in from work.

"Hi, where's Gemma?" I ask casually.

"Friends, hi you must be Esther." Mum smiles taking off her scarf.

"Yes, lovely to meet you." Esther replies politely.

"No, it's lovely to meet you. Harry always tells me about his friend called Esther."

I blush as Esther and my mum laugh together.

Great, thanks mum.

"I'll get out the way, have fun guys."

My mum disappears and Esther smiles. "You look like your mum,"

I roll my eyes. "Everyone says that,"

She nudges me taking the blanket. "It's okay, I look like my mum too,"