16;

The time I visited Esther.

Cold. That's all I felt, and it was quite funny that my teeth were chattering and my knees were knocking because outside it was at least 4x hotter than what it is in here.

When I'm given the go ahead nod I stand and compose myself, I rub my sleeveless arms and turn my phone off.

Walking in, I instantly spot Esther. She was sat on a sofa, feet up. "Harry," She smiles standing and rushing over to hug me. "I've missed you,"

I hug her tighter, the last time I saw her - five weeks ago; she was this vulnerable, sad girl. But now, as I hug her I could tell something had changed. She felt better.

We sit on the sofa and face each other, she didn't look pale anymore, and her chest wasn't full of bones.

"You look great,"

She brushes some hair out of her face. "I feel great,"

"Do they treat you nice in here?"

Esther rolls her eyes, her lips amused. "It's rehab Harry, not prison."

"What's it like?" I ask shyly. Her mum and I both decided it was best for Esther to seek help in a rehabilitation centre. She hated us at first, but she quickly came round.

She shrugs. "It's okay, I've met some people that are so much worse off than me.. it kind of makes me regret ever feeling how I did, my life isn't awful at all."

"And the eating.."

"It's okay, I have good days, bad days.. but I'm getting there, they help me overcome certain things but a lot of the time I have to do it myself,"

"I've missed you Es,"

"Enough about me, I heard you just got back from America, how was it?"

"The tour was amazing, the Big Time Rush guys were nice, but hey.. I have some news."

Esther's eyes sparkle. "Tell me,"

"The boys and I have been given the chance to perform at Madison Square Gardens.. in New York."

Esther's mouth drops in shock and before I know it she's reaching over and hugging me towards her. "This is great! Harry you're going to be at.. you're performing at the Garden!"

"I know," I laugh. "And I've got tickets for mum, Robin, Gemma.. and you."

Instantly Esther starts to cry so I pull her into me. "I'm so proud of you," She whispers.

"And I'm proud of you, Es. We're going to work through this and you're going to go to university and your going to become the best makeup artist there is."

Esther smiles and I kiss her forehead. "You, Harry Styles.. are the best thing that ever happened to me."

"Ditto Esther, ditto."

. . .

"How was she mate?" I met the guys at the studio as we were going to have a late night studio session, we were currently recording album two, no name is confirmed yet but I'm excited for this one, we have got some great songs that I'm convinced the fans will love, Ed has even written a song that we're using called Little Things, I personally feel like it was written for me and Esther, but that's just between me and you, alright?

"She's.. getting there,"

"Must be hard," Niall sighs.

"It's hard to see someone you love go through that, it's like watching a family member hurt."

The boys give me sympathetic looks and when it's just Niall and I in the studio, thats when the real questions are asked.

"Why don't you tell her you're in love with her?" Niall asks snacking on some chocolate - I wasn't too sure where he had gotten it from.

"Because she doesn't feel that way,"

"But she could do, potentially."

I shake my head. "I would know, I would be able to read it, we're both 18 Niall, I've known her for so long if it was going to happen it would have done by now."

"Maybe she just needs to open her eyes more, or you treat her more.. romantically."

"I can't, Niall."

He sighs.

"The worst thing to happen is I lose her, and if we date and break up.. what would I do?"

Niall agreed. "But what if you never broke up?"

"Niall," I looked at him as if to say 'come on now'.

"I'm serious,"

"Niall, lets just stop, this whole thing is just.. it will never happen or work."

With that, Liam, Louis and Zayn walked out of the recording booth.

"What happened?" Louis frowns throwing himself onto the sofa.

I shrug. "Nothing," I watch as I'm beckoned into the booth so I ruffle Niall's hair before disappearing inside.

. . .

"So, Madison Square Garden?" Gemma beamed as we ate lunch.

"Isn't it crazy?"

"Will Esther come?"

I nod. "She's out in three weeks."

"Is she dealing okay?"

"She's responded well, and she looks great, she's getting on great.. I think it's really helped."

"I wanted to see her but I haven't had any time,"

"She'd like you to go, she could use a friendly face."

Gemma and I finished lunch talking about each of our lives. For a brother and sister we are generally quite close. I've always trusted her with all things important and her with me. We just have a good bond, you know?

"So what is the deal with you and Esther?"

I frown. "What do you mean?"

Gemma rolls her eyes wiping her mouth before placing her serviette onto her finished plate. "I know there's some sort of chemistry, I mean - your fans go just about crazy when you tweet her or have a photo with her in."

I swallow. "There's chemistry yes, but she'd never see me that way."

"But you like her?"

I'm unable to meet Gemma's eyes. "I'm in love with her Gem,"

I couldn't see her face but I knew she was beaming. "Harry,"

I look up at her grinning face. "What?"

"Tell her!"

I shake my head. "Not you too,"

"Me too?"

"Niall's on my case,"

"Niall knows? Before me?"

"You're really focusing on that?"

She shakes her head. "I can't believe you're in love with Esther,"

I could tell she wanted to squeal, but I was glad she didn't.

"It's not big deal, I'll get over it.. I just can't ruin what the two of us have together Gem, I can't."

"I understand, completely."

I huff.

"But maybe.. maybe she loves you too,"