6;

The time I was put into a band.

Esther had been texting me all day as I waited for my number to be called, I was at boot camp for x factor. I wasn't sure how I'd got on, if I was going to make it.

I had readjusted my beanie several times and replied to everyone who had text me. Esther was at work secretly texting me.

When I was called on stage I could feel myself shake as I stood in the line up. The judges sat with no expression before Simon stood up and took to the microphone.

"I'm afraid it's bad news,"

I crumbled.

The second we were allowed to, I left the stage. I could feel the walls caving in, my heart beating fast, my life falling apart. And although that might sound dramatic, it's how I feel.

The tv host tries to ask me for a comment but I was too busy wiping my tears.

I head back to my room and pack ready to go home.

"So..? Sorry I've only just rang, I was let out of work late." Esther breathes down the phone and I knew she was walking home, it was calming hearing her voice.

"I didn't get through,"

She's silent for a moment. "Harry-"

"I'm leaving now so, I should be home by 8-"

"Excuse me, Harry Styles?"

"Hang on Esther,"

I turn to see a stage runner with a ear piece and clipboard. "Can you come with me? The judges want to speak with you,"

I swallow and nod. "Esther-"

"I heard, go see what they want. Don't lose faith yet Harry, okay?"

"Yeah,"

Backstage I huffed as I saw a whole group of lads huddled together waiting. "They probably called us back to make us cry, try and get as much entertainment for tv as possible," I mumble turning to the guy next to me. He doesn't reply, he just gives me a small smile.

The stage runner calls out names, the guy next to me and mine included and I didn't have any idea what I was being called for. We walked on stage, the five of us and found ourselves back with the judges again.

Simon stood and I couldn't help but feel my heart plummet again. What could he want this time?

Simon explained how he and the judges had been talking and the second he mentioned we'd been put together as a band I jumped and screamed.

I was in a band, through, in a band.

Me.

The five of us walked off stage and instantly stood in a circle, we each chatted about our age, name, how cool it is we were through together and that we needed to make this a great experience, we're a team of five now. We aren't solo artists anymore.

We're a band.