34;

The time I was sick.

"..Hello?"

I lifted my head briefly as I heard Esther call out from downstairs. The boys and I had ten or so days off so I had decided to fly to London for a little while. My mum and sister had been round a bit which I've missed.

"In my room," I cough out.

The truth is, I'm sick. I've caught some kind of flu bug or something from somewhere.

Esther walks into my room and assesses the situation of tissues everywhere, empty packets of paracetamol and flasks of now cold tea.

I lay on top of my covers with a cold cloth pressed to my forehead.

"Harry, you look awful."

"Well, I've missed you too." I croak.

Esther laughs before making her way round towards me. "What's wrong?"

I couldn't even force myself to shrug.

"I'm sick,"

She sighs setting her bag down and starting to tidy away. "You should have told me, I'd of brought things to you," She shakes her head.

"It's fine,"

"No it's not," She shakes her head. "You're not fine,"

I roll my eyes but it only causes the headache to worsen.

"I'm going to go to the pharmacy and pick up everything and anything you need to help kick this." She grabs her bag. "I'll be half an hour,"

. . .

Esther was actually an hour and a bit which I expected, she never sticks to time frames.

When she came back she had three bags full of stuff.

"What the hell have you bought?" I sigh slowly sitting up as she rests the bags on my bed with a grin on her face.

"Stuff to make you big and strong again," She says in a childish voice.

I wince as I sneeze, watching her unpack.

"A bunch of herbal teas to help your throat," She throws about five boxes next to me. "..Throat lozenges, headache strips, paracetamol, ibuprofen, some energy tablets that you chew, vitamin C stuff, vitamin smoothies, beetroot juice-"

"You know I hate beetroot,"

Esther shrugs. "If it gets your strength back then why not?"

"Thank you, Es. You didn't have to."

"I did, you flew out to me when I was sick, buying you this is the least I could do."

Esther disappears to make me a smoothie and I lie back down not realising how tired I actually was and within minutes I fell to sleep.

. . .

"..He's okay yeah, just a bit of the flu." I hear Esther speak softly. I could feel her next to me, she wasn't close enough to touch but she was there and that was enough. "..I've bought him a load of stuff to get his energy back so hopefully in the next couple of days he can get back on his feet."

I turn on my side to watch her, my eyes slowly opening.

Esther smiles down at me, a phone to her ear, a book on her lap.

"He's awake now so I'll speak to you soon, Anne okay? ..Great, bye."

"Was that my mum?"

"No, the other Anne that we both know so well." She replies sarcastically.

I laugh poking her stomach. "Shush,"

"She was just checking in on you, told her I've got it all under control,"

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome. Do you want some soup and bread?"

I wasn't hungry but I hadn't eaten much at all. "Yes please,"

Esther stands up and I notice that she's in my gym shorts and vest. "Stealing my clothes, Es?" I smirk.

"I had a bath whilst you were sleeping, you're boring when you're sick." She sticks her tongue out before leaving my room.

. . .

By 9pm I could tell Esther herself was getting tired. "You should get some sleep, Es."

She shakes her head flicking through TV channels. I felt bad she'd stayed in my room all day. "I'm fine," She turns the TV down low. "Have you spoken to Zayn recently?"

It had been around five months since Zayn left. The boys and I were coping well. Better than we expected actually.

We always talked about what would happen if one of us left, making vows to never do it, but now that it has happened our resilience has never been stronger.

"He's in LA, doing whatever and whoever he wants." I shake my head in disappointment.

The news broke out that he and Perrie had split the other week. Although I wasn't shocked I was surprised that he was the one to do it. I had called Perrie to make sure she was okay as Zayn, as usual, wasn't reachable.

"He's kind of gone off the rails,"

I shrug. "I knew he had it in him, I guess with Zayn it's just trying to shake off the One Direction label. He doesn't want to be remembered as the guy from 1D," I roll my eyes.

"Let him do that," Esther takes my hand. "I'm proud of you regardless,"

I smile at her. "Thank you,"

"You're welcome, H."

. . .

A/N;

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Vote & comment, thank you :-)

Also, I've got a new book that I'm editing and changing around but it's a bit different to this(Time won't have a sequel).

It's about three girls who are in a girl group,  I'm not sure whether to put it up or not. What do you think?

Laura xx