12;

The first time I went to LA.

I have never really been that great at packing. My mum would just tell me to make a pile of things I wanted and then she'd pack them, but now I live with Louis, I have to do it alone.

Louis was on his laptop quite oblivious to my packing struggle. He hadn't packed yet, it's currently 6pm and our flight is at 4am.

"When are you packing?" I pant finally closing my suitcase and dragging it to the door.

Louis waves me off. "Later,"

I kind of knew from his response that Louis was someone who left everything to last minute.

. . .

Our car came at 1:45am, I hadn't slept that well and Louis was half asleep complaining about how early it was.

We arrived at the airport at 2:15am, I thought we'd be a little late because Louis took a while to get everything together, but Zayn was actually a lot later than us.

There were a few fans at the airport that I was surprised with, they told us they'd been waiting a while and brought us little presents and gave us their twitter names.

The entire time I found myself asking the same question over and over; is this my life now?

. . .

We had spent the next few days meeting up with our label, recording and really having a great time. LA was a cool place, and the girls were pretty gorgeous too.

"How's it going over there?" Esther smiles over Skype. It was almost 3pm here, but nearly 11pm at home.

"It's so cool Es,"

"Is everyone really American?" She giggles.

"Not really, I was expecting it to be like the films, but it's actually really chilled here."

"Nice,"

"What have you done today?"

She yawns. "College, work, assignments. The usual,"

I always kind of felt bad that I got to do this and she was sat in some classroom fulfilling her dream.

"I think we get some time off in the next couple of weeks, so I'll come to Holmes Chapel,"

She grins. "Really?"

I nod.

"That'll be amazing,"

"I know, we've recorded for our new album,"

"Sing me something?"

"I can't - not yet, but we have some really good songs so far, there's one called What Makes You Beautiful that we think would be a great first single for us, so I think we're going to make the video for it,"

"A music video?"

I nod. "It would be cool if you were in it,"

She pouts. "I have college,"

I sigh. "I know,"

"Your next video," She smiles.

I laugh. "Yeah, if we make a second one."

"Of course you will," She rolls her eyes. "And another, and another, and another."

"We'll see,"

She smiles. "Yes we will young Harold,"