25;

The time we missed each other.

I arrived into New York around 8am their time, I checked into my hotel peacefully and changed into some new clothes.

I ordered some breakfast and chilled out until around midday when I texted Kendall to let her know I was here.

When she arrived at my hotel I told her my hotel room number and pass code and waited for the door to click.

"Harry," Kendall smiled the second she walked in and I hugged her.

"How are you?"

"I'm great, how are you?"

I nod. "I'm good, New York's pretty cold."

Kendall takes off her jacket. "Yeah, it's so cold. I hate it."

"I much prefer LA."

She laughs. "Me too."

. . .

It was cool chilling with Kendall, we watched films together and ordered room service when we were hungry. It would be too much of an idiotic move for the both of us to go out in public when we're just friends. The paps go crazy when it's just me - but for me and a member of the Kardashian family? That's pure suicide.

Kendall's pretty relaxed however, seeing as she grew up in it she's used to the crazy life and I think we both prefer being away from it all. She's not self-centered in the slightest which I like.

When it was around 10pm Kendall and I were ordering some cakes up when my phone rang. I excused myself to answer it leaving Kendall in charge of our order.

I frown when I see it's Esther.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me."

"Are you okay?" She sounded out of breath.

"I'm here,"

I look over at Kendall who's still choosing and smile at her not being able to choose.

"You're where Esther?"

"Here, in LA. I flew over, I've just checked into my hotel."

I stand, shocked that she'd actually flown out. What was I supposed to say? Do? I was here, in New York, with Kendall.

"I'm not.." I lick my lips trying to make sense of everything. "I'm not in LA anymore Es.. I'm in New York, with someone."

"Oh,"

I could hear the sheer disappointment in her voice. The angel on my shoulder was sighing and telling me to pack my stuff and fly back over to LA to see her, but the devil was laughing and telling me it was time Esther had a taste of her own medicine, time for her to be disappointed, feel let down.

And I had no idea what I was thinking.

"I'm sorry, Es."

"No,no it's fine.. we missed each other. Typical me, you told me not to and I didn't listen.. I'm the idiot here, not you H."

I swallow. "I think Niall's still there? And I know Lou is."

"Yeah," I could tell she was holding back the tears. "I'll.. I'll get in touch with them and er- I'll see if they can hang or something."

"Yeah,"

"Who are.. who are you in New York with?"

I look over to Kendall who is now off the phone and on her phone scrolling through something. She looks up at me and smiles before looking back down at her phone.

"A friend,"

Esther is silent.

"I hope you enjoy your time in LA.. I'm flying to England soon so maybe we'll cross paths."

She awkwardly coughs. "Yeah, maybe.. speak soon H."

"Bye Esther."