21;

The time I wrote a song.

Everything seemed to happen so quickly in a few weeks; Taylor and I split up, I went to Ghana with the boys and Esther finally came around to speaking to me.

I was able to apologise and she accepted and said she just wanted to move on; I was glad to have my best friend back in my life.

Although we had made up I hadn't actually been able to see Esther in person as I was away and she was at uni.

I was home for around five weeks before the Take Me Home Tour started so I was incredibly bored.

I helped my sister house hunt, I helped my mum decorate her new kitchen, I began recording for our new album and I spent some time with the boys.

But none of it made me as happy as when Esther arrived on my doorstep with a little suitcase beside her.

She was down for three days, two days off - the third she was skiving.

"I'm so glad you're here," I smile making her a hot chocolate. January is bitter in London.

"I'm loving your new house, H." Esther compliments.

"Thanks," I had finally moved into my house I had had renovated recently. I was glad to have my own personal touches around the place.

Once I hand Esther her drink and I grab a tea, we sit down to chat.

"So I have news," Esther beams.

"Tell me," I demand.

"I've met someone,"

I swallow. "Oh? What's his name?"

Her grin was unattainable. "Nathan,"

"Right.."

"He's so great Harry, he's nothing like any of the guys I've dated before."

"So you're together then?.."

She nods and the dagger twists even further into my heart. "We have been for a little while now, but obviously we weren't talking,"

I awkwardly cough.

"I can't wait for you two to meet, you'll like him. He's perfect."

"Does he go to your uni?" I was trying my up-most best to sound as interested and non-heartbroken as possible.

"Yeah, he's studying law."

"Wow,"

"I know," She laughs. "And he's super cute and sarcastic but in a funny way."

I nod.

"I think.." She looks down at her tea and rubs the top of her mug.

I frown. "You think what?"

She smiles, it was like a hazy smile - as if she was in a daydream. She looked up at me, a soft smile on her lips.

"I think he's the one,"

My heart shatters all over again and I questioned why I keep doing this to myself. Why I allowed her to break me into so many pieces when I could have prevented all of this by telling her my feelings - but it isn't as easy as that, I'm in too deep.

"You do? But.. You haven't been together that long,"

Esther shrugs. "They say you know when you know, I just.. Know."

I didn't know what to say, my palms were sweating as well as my heart racing. I felt nauseous and angry all at the same time.

Just as Esther finished her drink her phone rang. "Oh, it's him." She grins. "Mind if I..?" She points towards the door and I give her the go ahead picking up both of our mugs and taking them to the dishwasher.

I picked up my phone to find a few texts and whatsapps from different people but I wasn't in the mood to reply.

I opened up Niall's contact and sent him a quick message.

HS: So.. Esther has met someone and thinks he's the one.

NH: what !! whats his name ?

HS: Nathan, she's at mine for a long weekend but she's currently on the phone to him. You should have seen her smile when he called.

NH: ah man im sorry ! she'll get over him quickly and then you should make ya move on her

NH: I know it's tough for ya but mayb it's a lesson for ya mayb it'll make yu see what ya missin

HS: I already knew Niall.

NH: I know man what can I do ?

HS: Nothing, thank you. Think I'll write tonight, see if I get any good material for this album.

NH: good idea !!! I had the worst day in the studio I tell u I tried to write and thought of nothin !!

Esther walked back in with a huge smile on her face so I locked my phone and shoved it into my back pocket.

"Sorry, Nathan was just telling me about a case he's had to help with,"

"Oh, right." I nod.

Esther tilts her head. "Are you alright? You seem a bit down? Is it Taylor?" She looks so empathetic I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Kind of, bit annoyed it didn't work out,"

Esther threw her arms around me and gave me a tight hug. "Plenty of fish in the sea for you H." She kisses my forehead before smiling up at me and I swear I fell more in love with her. I just wanted to take a photo of her. "I promise,"

I awkwardly laugh. "Yeah,"

"Why don't we go out? Have a night on the town, try and get you a girl."

I shake my head. "No thanks, I want to write tonight. Plus, night outs are a nightmare with the paps."

Esther huffs. "Oh, yeah,"

.  .  .

It was 3am and I was wide awake, I had a million and one things rushing around my head and I was trying to make sense of them.

I was sat in my office trying to get some song lyrics down. I wanted to write a song, something close to home. Something I know.

The script was written and I could not change a thing, I want to rip it all to shreds and start again.

One day I'll come into your world and get it right, I'll say we're better off together here tonight.

For some reason I wrote this down and liked it, it made me think of Esther and I wanted to see where I could take the song.

I wrote on and on and on, sometimes I'd change things around, scribble stuff out, rip pages out.. But I eventually I ended up with nearly a fully written song.

By 5am I was struggling to stay awake so I scribbled the title at the top before dragging myself away and up to my bedroom, the title of the song playing over in my head; Something Great.

. . .

A/n

Hey guys hoped you enjoyed!! Sorry if there's any spelling/grammar problems - wrote it on my phone :-)

Don't forget comments and votes etc! Thank you! Xxx