Putting an End to Things

Gregory had no prediction of what his father would say or do. He had always feared his father for his strictness, but right now Mr. Havisham appeared to be... happy?

"Gregory! I figured I'd see you here tonight." Mr. Havisham claimed. "How splendid it is to have you here." 

"Hold on." said Gregory. "Are you not angry that I'm here?" 

"Not in the slightest." Mr. Havisham replied. "It's quite convenient that you're here, actually." 

Gregory was immensely confused. Why was his presence convenient for his father? Was Mr. Havisham planning to kill him? Was he planning to kidnap him? Gregory didn't have a clue. "Why is that?"

"I want you to work with me." 

What the fuck. Never in Gregory's life would he ever want to work with- or even be associated with- his father. Mr. Havisham was a horrible and irrational man, and Gregory knew that working with him would make him horrible and irrational too. "No. I refuse." 

"Oh, but that's where you're mistaken." Mr. Havisham explained. "I'm not giving you options here. You will work with me, Gregory." 

"I would rather die." Gregory stated. 

"Well that's rather unfortunate for you." said Mr. Havisham. "If you won't cooperate, give me those files you're holding."

"No. I'm going to put an end to all of this horrid work you've been going." said Gregory. 

Mr. Havisham laughed. "No one's going to be putting an end to it any time soon. I'm making millions from it, and I don't plan to stop." 

"I don't give a damn about your plans!" Gregory exclaimed. "I won't let you kill any more people just so you can receive money that you don't even need." 

"I don't need you to 'let' me. You will work with me, Gregory, and we'll become billionaires." said Mr. Havisham. Before Gregory could say a word, Mr. Havisham pulled a gun out of his pocket and pointed it towards Gregory. "We'll be father and son again. Just say you'll work with me, and we'll live splendid lives." 

———————————-

Getting a bit bored of not being able to fully understand the conversation going on inside of the office, Estella and Mole engaged in their own conversation. 

"Do you really not want to go on adventures with Gregory anymore?" Estella asked. 

Mole sighed. "I don't know. I suppose what my mother said about how I 'shouldn't try to be a savior' started getting to me. I don't want her to be right, but- I'm conflicted." 

Shrugging, Estella replied, "That's understandable. I still do what my mother wanted from me sometimes." 

"But this will devastate Gregory." Mole said. "He loves these adventures. It's what brought us together." 

"True." Estella said. 

"But we both keep on getting hurt by them!" Mole stated. 

"That's also true." Estella said.

"But they are fun sometimes." added Mole. 

"Yep." 

"But they're scary!" 

Estella sighed. "Goodness, Mole. You're going to have to make up your mind at some point. Even if you make Gregory a little bit sad, it's more important that you're making your own decisions." 

"You're right." Mole agreed. "I'll talk to him about it sometime."

"Good." said Estella. "Now- it sounds like things aren't going too well in there. Do we break in?" 

Mole nodded, and the two both burst into the room, surprised by the scene in front of them. Mr. Havisham had a gun pointed at Gregory, but Gregory didn't appear to be scared at all. 

Mr. Havisham's head quickly turned towards Estella and Mole. "Oh. Hello Estella and- whoever you are. Glad you could join us on this fine evening." 

Estella glared at her father. "Don't you dare hurt Gregory you absolute pus belching hemorrhoid." 

"And what will you do about it?" Mr. Havisham questioned. 

Without hesitating, Estella took her remaining shoe and threw it at Mr. Havisham. It hit his hand, causing him to drop the gun he was holding. 

Before Mr. Havisham got the chance to pick his gun back up, Gregory signaled for them to run for it. They did just that, and quickly made their way out of the mansion before any security got to them. They got a few confused stares from some party guests, but that was unimportant. 

Once they reached the outside gate, Mole suddenly asked, "Where's Damien?" 

The three stood in confusion for a moment before Estella said, "That doesn't matter. He'll find us eventually. Let's go." 

———————————- 

Before anyone could ask him what he'd just gone to do, Damien suddenly remembered the party he was supposed to be at. Leaving the group in confusion once again, Damien went through a portal and went back to the Havisham mansion. 

Quickly realizing the other three had begun their escape, Damien rushed over to them. "What'd I miss?" Damien asked. 

"Quite a lot." Gregory answered. "Could you get us out of here?"

Damien nodded and made a portal back to the others. Once everyone was reunited, all anyone could do was ask questions. 

"What did you guys find at the party?" 

"Why is Pip covered in blood and passed out?" 

"Estella, where are your shoes?" 

"Why is everyone so casual about the dead guy over there?" 

"Where did you four get those fancy outfits?"   

"Is Pocket okay?" 

Trying to make sure things didn't get too chaotic, Joe spoke up. "Everyone, calm down. All your questions will be answered eventually- for now, is everyone okay?" 

Most of the group nodded. A few weren't sure they were mentally okay, but since no one seemed to be horribly hurt, Joe took that as a positive and moved on. "Alright. Does anyone have anything important they'd like to mention?"

"My father wants me to help with the Yardale project and seemed to be hiding a lot of information. He had files on money from the government, a rivalry with Mark and Rebecca's father, and Leslie." Gregory said. 

"Pocket died and Pip killed Kenny so that he could be brought back." Dogpoo said. 

"Kenny can't bring people back anymore." Damien said.

"Well alright then-" said Joe. "That's quite a lot to take in at once." 

Pip then suddenly woke up. "Indeed it is." he said, rubbing his eyes. "What happened? My head hurts." 

"Oh, Pip." Damien sighed. "We'll explain it all to you later. Where should we all go next?" 

 "Where else do we have to go? We've gone to all of the parents that helped with the Yardale project, haven't we?" Mark asked. 

"Not all of them." Gregory replied. "We still have to go to Leslie's parents."