Chapter 17- Royal Guard

Keeping a close eye on the wolf, you asked the rest of the gang, "What the hell just happened?" Referring to how Po ran off so suddenly.

Viper slithered forward, facing towards you as she tipped her head towards the chained wolf leader, "I think it had something to do with his pauldron." Tigress hummed, "Let's take him back to the Jade Palace for questioning."

With unanimous agreement, you set off with Crane to survey the land above in case of any surprise attacks. You both kept your gazes on the other four, who were now keeping a close eye on the wolf as they walked at a fast pace.

"So.. about what happened to Po." Crane started off slowly, unsure of your reaction.

You hummed in acknowledgement, you had a feeling he wanted to continue.

He flew down to your level to talk, "Could it be due to that wolf?"

"I think so," You agreed, "I think I've read about it in the past." Referring to the times where you would hide in the town library to read after library hours, "That wolf served the previous Royal Family in Gongmen City."

The other crane looks at you in surprise, "The two rulers that died from grief?"

You shook your head, "No." Expression growing serious, "They were both killed in a fire." Crane frowned and looked at you to elaborate further.

"The peacocks gained access to the throne only because they invented fireworks. Their son Shen, used the gunpowder in fireworks to make explosives." You tried your best to relay the information you read about previously, "He wanted to create something that could bring darkness and destruction. And this worried the queen and king, so they went to consult a soothsayer."

"Then what happened?" Crane questioned.

You frowned, and looked at him, "I'm sorry, I don't recall."

"I only remember what happened after. His parents were horrified by what he did to civilians, causing him to be banished from the city forever." You continue with a sigh, "He was bitter, and on exactly the first anniversary of his banishment, he started a fire in Gongmen City which took a month to extinguish. Many citizens died because of him, including his parents."

You both were nearing the valley, with a flap of the wing, you said, "And I believe, he's preparing for war."

-

Sorry, pretty short but I wanted to give that last sentence an extra OOMPH!

-Salami