I hate you

tw: arguing, threat of violence

*
Damien's POV
I returned to an empty house. Phillip's clothes were gone, my clothes that he'd borrowed were folded neatly alongside a blanket on the end of the sofa. A note was attached to the fabric, his swirling handwriting familiar.

Dear Damien,

Do not be mad.

I have gone to see your Father for a little. I went into the room upstairs, I felt nostalgic. I'd like to know why, and your Father promised me the knowledge.

He dropped by to ask you about me. I am not sure why, or what he wanted.

Your clothes and blankets are washed, I wasn't sure where to leave them.

I shall be returning to my own hut when I am back from visiting your Father. Please stop by, I think we should talk.

Yours, Phillip

My heart stopped, then began pounding at 100mph. Phillip? Talking to my Father? Who came to ask me about him?

Fuck. This wasn't good.

I stormed out of my house, banging on Phillip's door. If he didn't answer, I'd have to assume he was still with my dad. Fuck. I hated that fucking man. The words 'dad' and 'Father' felt dirty on my tongue. He might be this loving caring person to the public eye, but in reality he was a good for nothing nosy sadistic asshole.

I sat on Phillip's door step for a moment, trying to collect myself and get my emotions in order. Fuck. Why did I leave him unattended?

And where was he now?

Pip's POV
I sat on the sofa with Satan, discussing my life and why I couldn't remember it.

Most souls kept their memory, but since I was considered for Heaven and my life was so traumatic, God had decided to wipe my memories. Alongside most of Damien's.

Satan had granted me those past experiences back. I remembered Damien, my childhood love, the one I called home. I remembered his death, how he'd written a love letter to me the day before. I remember the guilt and the despair. I remembered it all.

"If you wish for me to take back some experiences, that can be arran-" Satan was halfway through explaining before the door burst open. Damien stood there, looking at him Father, his eyes full of rage.

"Oh, what a pleasure. Hello son." Satan greeted.

"Don't fucking call me that."

"Why ever not?"

"Don't pull this bullshit. You don't give a shit about me and vise versa. What the fuck are you doing, sneaking around MY house, MY space when I'm not there? And why the FUCK. Is Phillip here?"

My heart fluttered. Phillip. That felt nice.

"Son let me-"

"I SAID DON'T FUCKING CALL ME THAT." Damien yelled, his voice almost rivalling his Father's. Satan rose from his seat, facing Damien squarely. If it came to a fist fight, it was obvious who'd win.

"Damien. Let me explain."

"Explain then. Explain this like you explained all the other shit you put me through."

"Listen here you little brat," Satan spat, glaring daggers at Damien, "I raised you, I put a roof over your head, I found you schooling, I defended your every sin."

"THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE MEANT TO DO, YOU'RE MY FUCKING DAD."

"I WILL NOT BE YELLED AT IN MY OWN HOME. YOU LISTEN TO ME OR I'LL SMACK YOU TO NEXT YEAR." Satan yelled. His voice was loud normally, but at shouting level, it was deafening. I wondered if this was how earthquakes were caused.

"I was simply explaining to Phillip why he had no recollection of his life."

"DON'T BULLSHIT ME. DON'T PLAY THOSE FUCKING TRICKS WITH ME."

"YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH. I AM YOUR FATHER AND YOU WILL RESPECT ME."

"I WILL RESPECT YOU WHEN YOU EARN MY FUCKING RESPECT. YOU DON'T JUST GET TO PROVIDE THE BARE MINIMUM AND BULLY ME AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT AND JUST EXPECT ME TO RESPECT YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ADULT."

"DAMIEN YOU LISTEN TO ME. I BROUGHT YOU INTO THIS WORLD AND I CAN VERY WELL TAKE YOU OUT OF IT."

"I'M ALREADY OUT OF IT. I'M DEAD, I FUCKING KILLED MYSELF."

Satan pinched the bridge of his nose, frustrated. He breathed deeply. My eyes drew away from him though, focussing on Damien. His eyes were watering, he was physically shaking. His breathing was heavy, as though he'd run a marathon. He stood with clenched fists, almost preparing for a fight.

"I hate you. I really fucking hate you." He muttered, backing out before turning and running.