Mysteries in plain sight

DISCLAIMER, JJK does not belong to me, all rights go to Gege Akutami

TVT

She picks up the glass of plain water and takes a long sip.

Olga cleared her throat before beginning. "But Yuji, please refrain from talking about work outside of work. Keep in mind we're in a public space,"

Yuji's cheeks flushed a deep red at Olga's reminder. It totally slipped his mind that there were others that could listen in on their conversation.

"Idiot," Nobara and Megumi said in unison to Yuji who was embarrassed about his unintelligent question.

"Children," Olga clacked her glass of water down onto the table, effectively silencing them. "Yuji's just being curious. There's no harm in that," Her tone was calm and sagely.

Perhaps, this was a good way to promote team bonding for these youths.

"Then Olga-san, why does Gojo-sensei call you sister Olga if you're not a nun?" Yuji inquired again, trying to redeem himself from his previous blunder.

"Hmm, I suspected he wanted to get under my skin, and that its because I'm considered a religious woman. But, I honestly don't care how you address me."

To the teenagers, they were astounded by Olga's patience.

Or was it apathy?

Satoru was a playful and chaotic man. From what they've seen and heard, his treatment of others was no different; he taunts them all the same simply because he can. But Olga never seemed to get agitated by him. She wasn't like the rest who tolerated his playful demeanor only to get annoyed along the way because of it.

She just accepted it as it was, moved on, never really caring about what he said.

It as if she viewed him insignificantly.

This caused a slight shiver up Satoru's spine.

"Then sister Olga~, I've got one for you, you seem quite mature. So how old are you?" A question that was taboo was tossed into the fray.

The first-year students were stunt by their teacher's audacity.

Nevertheless, Olga answered without hesitation. "I am 30-years-old this year,"

She never really understood what made it such an insensitive question in the first place. Although she does have an understanding that it was one of the question one should never really ask woman about.

Whereas, the group was taken aback by Olga's straightforward response. They had expected her to avoid the question or give a vague answer, but she didn't seem bothered about revealing her age.

Satoru leaned back in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eyes. " Well, well, it seems I'm in the presence of an older woman who's three years my senior,"

Instead of acknowledging Satoru's comment, Olga takes another sip of water, unfazed by his attempt at humour. The rest of the group exchange glances, feeling a mix of curiosity and admiration for Olga's composure.

Nobara, known for her honest personality, couldn't help but speak her mind. "Olga-san, how do you stay so calm around Gojo-sensei? He can be pretty annoying."

"Hey!"

"I don't want to be presumptuous because I only met Satoru yesterday. But I honestly don't bother with him. When you ignore him long enough, you forget his even there." Olga's response was truthful and elicited a surprised chuckle from Megumi, who had always struggled to deal with Satoru's antics.