A dangerous stream

DISCLAIMER, JJK does not belong to me, all rights go to Gege Akutami

TVT

She noticed Nanami standing by the kitchen sink, his blazer absent. As always, he seemed poised and collected, a demeanor she had come to expect from him.

"What of the cursed spirit?" Olga asked, despite her slightly disoriented mind as she adjusted to the lighting of the room.

Nanami turned off the tap, drying his hands on a towel as he walked over to where Olga was reclined on the couch. "The cursed spirit is taken care of... for now. I couldn't exorcize it but I managed to weaken it to an extent, so it won't cause as much trouble for the time being. But it's still out there."

Sitting upright, Olga kneaded her temples, her expression void. The aftermath of her cursed technique was taking its toll, but she had little interest in dwelling on her discomfort.

The backlash from using her innate technique and challenging the Oath's contract triggered an inner anguish. Though not visible, her internal organs were being slowly cooked each time she went against the Oath.

She's lost count of the times she's broken the penalty.

"Are you alright? I'll get you water," His voice hinted with concern, sensing her discomfort.

Her response was measured, neither overly appreciative nor dismissive. "Sure, that would be nice."

As Olga got up from the couch, the sensation of needles pricked at her body, causing her to remain in her seat. She knew where her limits laid and how to alleviate the pain.

Although it was a twisted concept, one she saw for what it was.

The Oath was essentially a solemn promise, and its main principle was that she had to practice virtue. By being virtuous, the conditions of the Oath's punishment would be significantly reduced.

But the damage done will persist.

"You're injured, you should rest," Nanami stressed, handing her a chilled bottle of water he had retrieved from his refrigerator.

From the looks of it, they were once again in Nanami's house.

"I appreciate the gesture, Nanami, but I'll have to get going soon. I don't want to trouble you any further," she replied coldly.

"I insist that you stay seated. In the state you're in, you wouldn't be of any use when we track down the curse, if you don't recover," He was firm that she rested, but Olga really didn't want to stay in that place any longer.

Olga found him bothersome.

She debated whether to do that instead of enduring her current state, but restarting would undoubtedly pile up more problems.

It was quickly dismissed as it would be risky since Satoru had started noticing the changes about her and she didn't want that fact about her to be known so soon.

She heaved a defeated sigh. "I'll stay then, only for a while. But I must be somewhere else after this." She sank deeper into the couch. "Thank you for your hospitality,"

First, as Olga stood there, she had to organize her thoughts, sorting through the string of events that had occurred.

The patchface's cursed technique allows him to distort and transfigure souls, essentially altering the very essence of a person. It's a vile and unnatural power, one that goes against the laws of order and humanity.

The soul was a fundamental aspect of life, a sacred and innate part of all living beings. It's not something that should be tampered with or manipulated like a child playing with new toys.