Not a fail-safe

DISCLAIMER, JJK does not belong to me, all rights go to Gege Akutami

[Heyaaaa! It's your Scammer author here! I have no business being so cordial like nothin happened but the chapter is finally here!]

Hahahahahah! 

TVT

It was dark.

Black veiled everything; cold and yet somehow warm.

Drifting... in what seemed like an endless abyss.

Senses rendered null

Slight sensitivity remaining sense of acute on and off awareness.

Yet, as comforting as this place was, the stray knew that he didn't belong. A hidden force continuously reaches for him, as if picking off the leeching parasite from its dent of its nothingness.

Perhaps, the unseen had come to assimilate him.

This was his end afterall, not surprising since he just died.

He hadn't accomplished anything meaningful in life, so this was what he deserved.

Well, it was for the best.

Even when he had the slightest chance for hope, he failed. He couldn't even properly avenge his mother and stupidly allowed himself to be tricked into believing that curse.

Junpei was worthless.

The void was forgiving, warm and even welcoming while life was anything but.

Perhaps he should let himself be consumed.

Sink deeper.

It was better to let himself drown in this pit.

He didn't need to try anymore.

No more expectations, fears and...

dreams

——

AN END TO A DREAM THAT HASN'T EVEN BEEN REALIZED, HOW PATHETIC INDEED.

The echoing voice reverberated through the emptiness, a strange mix of sternness and mockery. Junpei's consciousness stirred, shaken by the unexpected intrusion.

He tried to focus on the voice, to discern its origin, but there was nothing to see, only an impenetrable darkness.

SHE WAS A FOOL FOR SAVING YOU—

A surge of confusion swept through Junpei.

What is... this?

The voice, though harsh, held a peculiar cadence. Junpei felt a strange sensation, as if the very fabric of the void was pulsating with an unseen tension influencing his thoughts with its rash whispers.

BUT WHAT REDEMPTION CAN THERE BE FOR ONE WHO HAS GIVEN UP ALL? —

The words echoed, carrying the weight of Junpei's perceived failures. He couldn't escape the judgment that enveloped him, even in this formless expanse.

FATE HAS STIRRED ONCE MORE. YOU ARE CONNECTED TO HER AS YOU ARE NOW CONNECTED TO ONE.—

The weight of the voice's words settled heavily on Junpei's drifting consciousness. Images of his failures, the pain he had caused, and the people he had let down flashed before him. He felt the burden of a curse, an invisible thread tying him to a destiny he didn't understand.

A FRAGMENT OF ONESELF, YET, IT IS CURIOUS THAT WHICH SHE DECIDES TO SAVE YOU. A FLAW IN HER JUDGMENT, AND YET, ONE STILL REMAIN POWERLESS, UNABLE TO RECLAIM SHE WHO HAS BECOME HER OWN EXISTENCE.—